Close

Page 91 of 341 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

hey guys, so all this discussion about the QIDI being not so good got me thinking... what would you suggest.

option A: QIDI Tech 1 for around 699 in ebay (if they accept the offer) + 110 customs = 810

option B: Flashforge Creator Pro for 999

Does Flashforge use the 10mm rods and are there any other big differences for upgrade or spare parts?

THX
    Last edited by Shinobi; 04-14-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    hey guys, so all this discussion about the QIDI being not so good got me thinking... what would you suggest.

option A: QIDI Tech 1 for around 699 in ebay (if they accept the offer) + 110 customs = 810

Does Flashforge use the 10mm rods and are there any other big differences for upgrade or spare parts?

THX
    Creator Pro comes with 10mm rods for Z but I could not find anything out for X and Y which leads me to believe they are 8mm (really even more sad considering the cost if true).

If you look a couple of pages back you will see I was told $999 vs $699 + ~200 dollars for the parts needed to upgrade the machine and I might as well spend the 100 extra and get the real deal. He also said he suspects that price will go back up when Flashforge releases the 2016 version of the Pro (if it does).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Creator Pro comes with 10mm rods for Z but I could not find anything out for X and Y which leads me to believe they are 8mm (really even more sad considering the cost if true).

If you look a couple of pages back you will see I was told $999 vs $699 + ~200 dollars for the parts needed to upgrade the machine and I might as well spend the 100 extra and get the real deal. He also said he suspects that price will go back up when Flashforge releases the 2016 version of the Pro (if it does).
    the technology outlet uk store has listed a 2016 version, but there are not details about the upgrades they made.
    https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/c...eator-pro-2016

they also offer the current version for a lower price
    https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/c...ge-creator-pro

on the amazon uk store they even have the "older" one listed for 699 british pounds. Is the 2016 version worth the higher price? it looks like that i could just print most of the upgrade parts...

the technology outlet uk store has listed a 2016 version, but there are not details about the upgrades they made.
    https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/c...eator-pro-2016

they also offer the current version for a lower price
    https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/c...ge-creator-pro

on the amazon uk store they even have the "older" one listed for 699 british pounds. Is the 2016 version worth the higher price? it looks like that i could just print most of the upgrade parts...
    Well, if they lower the price on the USA Amazon it is a done deal I will buy it. That print is so small I couldn't see it very well but by the looks of it you are right as there isn't anything there to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Well, if they lower the price on the USA Amazon it is a done deal I will buy it. That print is so small I couldn't see it very well but by the looks of it you are right as there isn't anything there to write home about.
    yeah only something about side handles, a door that opens sideways, a nicer hood on top and some leveling knobs. the only thing that may be interesting is some upgraded power supply. from "traditional power supply to broadband power supply". no idea what that means

i contacted the seller and will wait for a reply.

THX
    Something to add-on, when I received the printer I also had to pay tax, but it was nominal as they only declared the price as USD$300. I didn't ask them to do this, they mentioned that they do this for all customers. This might reduce the custom cost for you maybe. You also need to factor in the cost for S3D when your're budgeting.

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Something to add-on, when I received the printer I also had to pay tax, but it was nominal as they only declared the price as USD$300. I didn't ask them to do this, they mentioned that they do this for all customers. This might reduce the custom cost for you maybe. You also need to factor in the cost for S3D when your're budgeting.
    Oh, you just reminded me that if I buy this sucker on Amazon I have to pay sales tax whereas on eBay I do not.

One thing I have to say that Qidi did better than the original is the handles as the Creator Pro I do not like those cutouts at all because it cuts down on why I would want an enclosure to begin with.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:884785 Would that work on a Qidi? I also can't see how it would work that well on a CP considering there is no heat for the extra dimensions but this leads me to believe that the nozzle have that much extra room so just get a larger plate. Too bad I can't get anything to arrive here flat due to the manufacturer and/or UPS and USPS deciding to bend everything. Main reason that after 2 years of fighting it I gave up and I am looking for a solution where it can't be bent else the printer itself would be destroyed.

Getting back to the main point and that was if this mod can be done I wonder why it wasn't at the factory or at least a customer upgrade path? Maybe before the sell would be best at least in my case.

Engineer-in-Training
    Does anyone actually know what the PTFE tubes from Qidi are actually rated for temp wise??
    Got a guy I used to buy robotics parts from says he has PTFE tubing that's rated for 800°F and same size (at least O.D. is) as what I got in printer.

Also...how many print hours yall think the stock brass nozzles could handle running sandstone filament? Have talk to those using stainless plated nozzles saying they can only run about 800-1000 hours of that stuff for nozzles need changed out.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Also...how many print hours yall think the stock brass nozzles could handle running sandstone filament? Have talk to those using stainless plated nozzles saying they can only run about 800-1000 hours of that stuff for nozzles need changed out.
    I'm on the list to try out some of these Dura-Gem nozzles for printing Tungsten filament. Tungsten is nasty on the nozzle much like the carbon fiber filament.
    http://www.dura-gem.com/

Here is a test report they did printing Tungsten filament:
    http://www.3dprintingforum.us/viewto...0&p=2312#p2312

Page 91 of 341 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast