Close

Page 72 of 341 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    Wait, what? Can you explain this? Like jcoachran, it seems like that tiny screw is welded onto the frame. I don't remember seeing a way to even remove it.
    It's not a welded stud, it is a screw. You need to remove the side panel to access it. The hole on the case is threaded. See the Phillips screw bottom left of this image.

Technician
    Wait, did you drill a hole through the side panel and run the longer screw all the way through?

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    It's not a welded stud, it is a screw. You need to remove the side panel to access it. The hole on the case is threaded. See the Phillips screw bottom left of this image.

Technologist
    Wait, did you drill a hole through the side panel and run the longer screw all the way through?
    No I had a screw already there. In other places that hold the cable ties there are press fit studs, but I had a flat head screw. I just replaced the screw with a longer one. The countersink for the screw is not powder coated so maybe the press fit stud failed and they put a screw in on mine? Could be a manufacturing defect that was an advantage for me.

Student
    Hmmm, I thought it is like welded to the frame? Have to look closer...

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
    Hmmm, I thought it is like welded to the frame? Have to look closer...
    Maybe there us another hole close by that I attached it too. I'll look tonight.

Technician
    Does anyone have a working Cura profile they can share or at least answer some questions about particular settings (ie head offsets)? I don't really care abou Cura as a slicer but I need a working profile so if I ever need to slice for Octoprint, I can. (It has Cura slicing engine built in).

Technologist
    Does anyone have a working Cura profile they can share or at least answer some questions about particular settings (ie head offsets)? I don't really care abou Cura as a slicer but I need a working profile so if I ever need to slice for Octoprint, I can. (It has Cura slicing engine built in).
    Does Octoprint work with this machine? I didn't think Octoprint supports the Sailfish firmware. There is a plugin called GPX that gets you limited functionality but it didn't work the way I wanted. I was looking into Octoprint as a way to transfer files to the printer without taking out the SD card. I found out that Sailfish removed the ability to transfer to the SD card over USB, which is a bummer.

I've been looking into getting an Flashair SD card. I'm getting too lazy to keep removing the SD card.
    http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Flash-...ashair+SD+Card

Technician
    Yes, Octoprint works. I've been using it for the past week. I just installed OctoPi on a microSD card and put it on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a Logitech webcam. It has some small bugs and limitations but 95% of the features work.

You cannot transfer to the SD card using OctoPrint. But I wouldn't advise that anyway since it's super slow. You should just upload to OctoPrint and print from there.

Does Octoprint work with this machine? I didn't think Octoprint supports the Sailfish firmware. There is a plugin called GPX that gets you limited functionality but it didn't work the way I wanted. I was looking into Octoprint as a way to transfer files to the printer without taking out the SD card. I found out that Sailfish removed the ability to transfer to the SD card over USB, which is a bummer.

I've been looking into getting an Flashair SD card. I'm getting too lazy to keep removing the SD card.

Yes octoprint works well using the GPX plugin. I have mine set up since I bought the printer and I set up the wecam with a $5 Playstation Eye camera.

Leo

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    I have corrected my first post as I incorrectly stated "PET" instead of "PEI" when I wrote this late last night.

KludgeGuru, thanks for the thorough reply and I am looking forward to hearing about how the Maghold has held up over time. I agree with what I've heard about the stock blue sticker setup and might avoid it altogether.

jcoahran, that is awesome to hear! I am leaning towards a 1/4" removable PEI bed for a final setup but may start with your solution first and then the glass bed for comparison. The 1/4" PEI is expensive but if you could send me your specs for the PEI sheet you selected that would be greatly appreciated.

rcleav, I have seen your progress and it's quite impressive with the glass beds. The only thing off-putting is the hairspray but I haven't tried it yet and for the cost factor, it will be easy to try. I will try to make sure not to drop the glass and agree that removable seems the way to go.

Page 72 of 341 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast