Close

Page 52 of 341 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

guys I am having a hard time or rather no luck whatsoever getting simplify 3d connect to the printer!

I get fail to connect message over and over!

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by onewickedsvt View Post
    guys I am having a hard time or rather no luck whatsoever getting simplify 3d connect to the printer!

Change your connection port.
    There should be 2 options by default for port connection, you need the 2nd one for connecting via USB.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse

Why are you trying to connect the printer? You should only connect the printer to update software and make firmware changes. Normal operation should be to copy files to the SD card to print. I rarely have my printers connected to a computer...

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    If your using the usb to the computer it's either you on the wrong computer comm port or the baudrate is wrong.
    It's recommended to use an SD Card to print rather then direct connecting to the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    If your using the usb to the computer it's either you on the wrong computer comm port or the baudrate is wrong.
    It's recommended to use an SD Card to print rather then direct connecting to the computer.
    Any recommendations?

Technician
    Honestly, a SD card is an SD card these days. You have to worry more about performance when you are dealing with high resolution videos on something like a GoPro or fast frame rates on a DSLR. Get any Samsung, Sandisk, Transcend, etc Class 10 card you see on sale on Amazon.

Any recommendations?

Technician
    Yeah that does not seem trivial.

piece of cake! lol.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It actually isn't too bad, but the Creator Pro has a more solid Z axis and platform. Really, that so far is my only concern, but it is a big one because of how flexible the guide rods are. It is silly how easy it is to move the build plate from side to side especially when the platform is in the middle of the travel. I'm not too fond of the metal side plates, but I suppose they will be ok.

Note also that flashforge extruders and thermocouple will not fit the Qidi. The Qidi uses a slightly bigger diameter thermal barrier, and the thermocouple has 5mm threads instead of the 4mm threads on the Flashforge.

Thanks, yes, the bed is the biggest problem I see, too. I'm playing around with that this weekend. I doubt I'll find an easy solution but maybe there's something to be done there. Despite its flimsiness it seems to hold level for a very long time and the ringing on direction changes isn't bad and can be dialed down with software. Hoping to try some hardware solutions.

Page 52 of 341 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast