Close

Page 292 of 341 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 4110

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    Its just a temp display with a wire probe on it that i have attached to the back corner of the inside of the printer so i can see what the temp inside the printer is wile it is printing.
    the desplay and probe i got off ebay for like $12 and it is meant to be for a water cooling set up in a computer but i just have the probe hanging in mid air so it takes a measurement of the ambient temperature inside the printer.

i used fusion360 to design a mount for the probe and the mount for the display it self.

if you look up digital temperature gauge on ebay you will finde it
    How did you wire up its power supply?

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    How did you wire up its power supply?
    i have added extra led's to the inside of the printer so i just wired it up to the same 12volt power supply i use for them

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    How are things working out on this upgrade Warren?

I more of these kits available if anyone is interested. Thanks goes out to the early adopters of this upgrade. Dave, CNC Artist and Warren, and me.

The production pieces are a little different, but functionally they are the same. Due to the cost being essentially the same, the Z guide rods are now 12mm. I don't see much difference in the stiffness between the 10mm and 12mm rods though. Compared to stock, it is night and day, this is mainly due to the precision bearings being used and the custom top and bottom brackets that are 4x more stable than the stock pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    ok so i sed i was going to post some pics of the 10mm rod upgrade days ago but i just haven't gotten around to is so here they are

[URL=http://s76.photobucket.com/user/wazza35/media/Photo%208-10-16%208%2007%2058%20pm_zpspjex2ebz.jpg.html][/URL

also has any one thought about moving the position of the power switch.
    i am thinking of doing this as its a pain to get to the back of my printer to switch it on.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    How are things working out on this upgrade Warren?

I more of these kits available if anyone is interested. Thanks goes out to the early adopters of this upgrade. Dave, CNC Artist and Warren, and me.

The production pieces are a little different, but functionally they are the same. Due to the cost being essentially the same, the Z guide rods are now 12mm. I don't see much difference in the stiffness between the 10mm and 12mm rods though. Compared to stock, it is night and day, this is mainly due to the precision bearings being used and the custom top and bottom brackets that are 4x more stable than the stock pieces.
    Warrens kit looks great and definitely jfk, I've been printing away using the upgrades and have been happy with the overall improvement in quality of the prints and ease of leveling.

Currently at ~3700 hours of print time and hoping to get the extruder kit installed sometime early this year.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Warrens kit looks great and definitely jfk, I've been printing away using the upgrades and have been happy with the overall improvement in quality of the prints and ease of leveling.

Currently at ~3700 hours of print time and hoping to get the extruder kit installed sometime early this year.
    \\\

Good to hear. Now just gotta get some instructions and or video done so can get these moving. :-)

Super Moderator
    I forget and can't find any posts but has anyone here used Hatchbox wood filament? Wondering on basic settings.

Technician
    Continuing my saga, I have the nozzle off and I still have a piece of filament stuck in here, and am unable to get a grip on it with tweezers or pliers.

Super Moderator
    Ok, time for wood. First a calibration cube to see what happens. Same rough edges I always get!
    Then something real and it worked pretty good.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Nice!
    What is the gear form? I think I have seen it somewhere but I am not sure where.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Ok, time for wood. First a calibration cube to see what happens. Same rough edges I always get!
    Then something real and it worked pretty good.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    It's just an item from Thiniverse, "elliptical gear". It spins pretty cool.

Page 292 of 341 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast