Close

Page 275 of 341 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 4110

Hybrid View

Technician
    So, this might be a blazingly obvious question, but how do I choose which extruder gets used on which piece?

To my mind, what I have selected here should do the left extruder. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something obvious here? Capture.jpg

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Most printing is done on the right extruder. Really, the left can be removed if you want. You will find in time you won't use both extruders at the same time very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    So, this might be a blazingly obvious question, but how do I choose which extruder gets used on which piece?

To my mind, what I have selected here should do the left extruder. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something obvious here? Capture.jpg

Engineer
    To my mind, what I have selected here should do the left extruder. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something obvious here?
    The screen that you captured and embedded in your post just lists the extruders, it does not select which is to be used in the upcoming print. The "Layer" tab on the left of the middle row allows you to select the primary extruder to be used in the upcoming print. If you use the "Auto Configure Extruders" selection on the upper right, it will configure the Layer extruder selection as well.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    The screen that you captured and embedded in your post just lists the extruders, it does not select which is to be used in the upcoming print. The "Layer" tab on the left of the middle row allows you to select the primary extruder to be used in the upcoming print. If you use the "Auto Configure Extruders" selection on the upper right, it will configure the Layer extruder selection as well.
    It also lets you set the parameters shown under the extruder tab.

Super Moderator

Look at the top right and you will see it is on the right extruder still.

Technician
    If that's the case, any guess what it means if I'm working with the left extruder (as specified on the left)? I thought since that's in the non-advanced config that would be basically a quick-set default and I would be modifying it from there.

...also, does anyone ever lubricate their Qidi? And if so, where? Just the central Z-rod or are there other spots?

Engineer
    If that's the case, any guess what it means if I'm working with the left extruder (as specified on the left)? I thought since that's in the non-advanced config that would be basically a quick-set default and I would be modifying it from there.

...also, does anyone ever lubricate their Qidi? And if so, where? Just the central Z-rod or are there other spots?
    Lubrication procedure notes from cncartist:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...6372#post86372

Technician
    Well, that was just a sample. I normally use the right, and at that exact moment I was trying to juggle between ABS and PLA (and am now having headaches).

Is what I'm showing there what you'd expect for trying to print from the left?

It is nice having PLA/PHA dialed in. I was able to make the tree frog as a test. Now I have to work on the wings of the dragon I want to print in two colors.
    I also made the Z-Axis stabilizer plugs. That has helped with small details as well. Less movement.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    Pretty cool. I'll come asking questions when I get to the two color things.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    It is nice having PLA/PHA dialed in. I was able to make the tree frog as a test. Now I have to work on the wings of the dragon I want to print in two colors.
    I also made the Z-Axis stabilizer plugs. That has helped with small details as well. Less movement.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Page 275 of 341 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast