Close

Page 204 of 411 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Low-pro is common shortening of Low Profile.

Its gear with a narrow tooth swath, and shallower teeth. The stock Qidi feed gears are pretty aggressive, very deep teeth.
    Ahhhhh. My 8mm Hobbed bolt on my I3 Rework is low profile and I always hated that as it would slip on some filament.

Where can you get a low-profile hobbed gear at?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Ahhhhh. My 8mm Hobbed bolt on my I3 Rework is low profile and I always hated that as it would slip on some filament.

Where can you get a low-profile hobbed gear at?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/QIDI-TECHNOL...EAAOSwFqJWicso

I think these are the gears that come stock with the machine now, however when I ordered mine it came with deep-toothed full swath gears.
    For running softer filament types, be that rubberish stuff or wax or foodsafe PLA, I strongly suggest also changing the feed arm spring.
    This is the one I am using along with that low-pro feed gear:

It is same length as the stock spring but about 3 less twists.
    Last edited by Syd_Khaos; 06-28-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Thanks, I planned on getting S3d but thought I would try some basics with the included software just to get some practice.

Printing the calibration cube now. So far so good.
    Just a suggestion, but IMO you may avoid a good deal of frustration if you buy and use S3D from the start. I also feel that with S3D you would be more able to focus on what you can and cannot do with the Qidi, as opposed to learning tools that you will likely discard. (My apologies to you MakerWare and ReplicatorG users, please speak up if you disagree.)

Engineer

I think these are the gears that come stock with the machine now, however when I ordered mine it came with deep-toothed full swath gears.
    For running softer filament types, be that rubberish stuff or wax or foodsafe PLA, I strongly suggest also changing the feed arm spring.
    This is the one I am using along with that low-pro feed gear:

It is same length as the stock spring but about 3 less twists.
    The feed gear that you linked to is the one my Qidi shipped with. I've seen the full swath feed gears. Where did you get the less agressive spring?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Just a suggestion, but IMO you may avoid a good deal of frustration if you buy and use S3D from the start. I also feel that with S3D you would be more able to focus on what you can and cannot do with the Qidi, as opposed to learning tools that you will likely discard. (My apologies to you MakerWare and ReplicatorG users, please speak up if you disagree.)
    I agree. Already got it. I will install later. I am just running a couple prints to see what happens then I will move to S3D. Just impatient to use the thing!!

Engineer-in-Training
    The feed gear that you linked to is the one my Qidi shipped with. I've seen the full swath feed gears. Where did you get the less agressive spring?
    Out of a big box of springs I got for $20 at discount tools store called Harbor Freight.
    Looked in there when I had the machine apart and just so happened to be just the right size/tension spring.

Engineer
    Out of a big box of springs I got for $20 at discount tools store called Harbor Freight.
    Looked in there when I had the machine apart and just so happened to be just the right size/tension spring.
    LOL! I've been haunting my local Harbor Freight store lately. Trolling the asiles with a vacant expression looking for metric anything....

Hmmmm, what in the world did it use to look like?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Hmmmm, what in the world did it use to look like?
    More like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/221922463038

HAHAHAHA.

No, seriously, what did it used to look like. Syd, I believe, has one still.

Page 204 of 411 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast