Close

Page 191 of 341 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 4110

Hybrid View

I would be too afraid to use plain glass again as I do shock it sometimes. As far as anything sticky on the bed I hate it because eventually that stuff has to come off to add new stuff and no thanks as the work involved is crazy nuts besides the fumes and just generally a nuisance.

-----------

Well, after I called the post office they couldn't figure out what was going on with my filament as another driver that was not on my route took it but it is supposed to be going back to MakerGeeks. They got pretty snotty at me for all of their mistakes but I remained nice and calm. After I contacted my credit card company they put it into dispute due to the attitude MG had and after reviewing their response to this issue and what was happening with the post office (that filament may never be seen again) they issued me a final credit. Sure didn't take long.

I am a bit saddened at how unprofessional MG was about this because they are around a 3 hour drive from me but after I went digging around the net I found out I am not the first. What got my dander up was not the beach comber/hippie talk from a business BUT that they would do me a favor by not charging me shipping again when they finally get mine back (if they did) and send me a replacement. Really? A favor of not charging me more shipping for a package I never received and considering you have 50 dollars of insurance on the roll? SMH.

So, what PETG maker out there has good quality filament without breaking the bank?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I would be too afraid to use plain glass again as I do shock it sometimes. As far as anything sticky on the bed I hate it because eventually that stuff has to come off to add new stuff and no thanks as the work involved is crazy nuts besides the fumes and just generally a nuisance.

-----------

Well, after I called the post office they couldn't figure out what was going on with my filament as another driver that was not on my route took it but it is supposed to be going back to MakerGeeks. They got pretty snotty at me for all of their mistakes but I remained nice and calm. After I contacted my credit card company they put it into dispute due to the attitude MG had and after reviewing their response to this issue and what was happening with the post office (that filament may never be seen again) they issued me a final credit. Sure didn't take long.

I am a bit saddened at how unprofessional MG was about this because they are around a 3 hour drive from me but after I went digging around the net I found out I am not the first. What got my dander up was not the beach comber/hippie talk from a business BUT that they would do me a favor by not charging me shipping again when they finally get mine back (if they did) and send me a replacement. Really? A favor of not charging me more shipping for a package I never received and considering you have 50 dollars of insurance on the roll? SMH.

So, what PETG maker out there has good quality filament without breaking the bank?
    Why did they ship USPS was that a choice? I let them ship free and it was pretty quick. I ordered end of last week and it was delivered today via UPS.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Why did they ship USPS was that a choice? I let them ship free and it was pretty quick. I ordered end of last week and it was delivered today via UPS.
    My shipment from MG came UPS and was in my hands 2 days after I placed the order. I've plenty of beefs w/ the various shipping companies, but they never listen so I've stopped wasting my time. I have an RV and keep it in the side yard, it's a hundred or so steps closer to the road than my front door. Every so often a delivery person will leave my boxes at the RV. The text announcing delivery says "Package left at front door." I guess they deserve some credit, but wow...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    My shipment from MG came UPS and was in my hands 2 days after I placed the order. I've plenty of beefs w/ the various shipping companies, but they never listen so I've stopped wasting my time. I have an RV and keep it in the side yard, it's a hundred or so steps closer to the road than my front door. Every so often a delivery person will leave my boxes at the RV. The text announcing delivery says "Package left at front door." I guess they deserve some credit, but wow...
    For this I would have preferred UPS though no option was given but in order of crappy delivery companies they go USPS, UPS, FedEX (and I live where it was started), DHL.

There is no choice and for me it is 1 day shipping (though they use 2nd day priority mail) because I am so close but with customer support like that I will stay away from them in the future. Seriously, things happen but you, as a company, do NOT make your customers wait and suffer you, as a company, make it right and the company handles all of the hassle behind the scenes.

They may make the best filament in the universe but with CS like that they fall to <=1 star.

I heard good things about Hatchbox and I used to use their ABS but it was softer than other ABS so I stopped using them. On Amazon they are currently unavailable for all of their PETG so I don't know what is going on.

eSun is supposed to be good too but a bit pricier and made in S.E. Asia I believe.

I was hoping to buy American made stuff to help support the USA but with this, and all of my dealings with USA sellers on eBay, I am getting a real sour feeling towards USA anything these days.

Super Moderator
    I just got my PLA order from Makergeeks. All of the rolls say the temp is 230c Is this right? Seems I was using 200c for the QIDI supplied PLA. Thoughts??!!

I just got my PLA order from Makergeeks. All of the rolls say the temp is 230c Is this right? Seems I was using 200c for the QIDI supplied PLA. Thoughts??!!
    All of the PLA I have I run at 225-230c so makes sense.

I made a tower once that I wanted to check the proper temp to run at and every 10mm I went up 10c and 220-230 was best whereas my ABS 230-245c was. Of course I dunno where that tower is now so I will need to make a new one when I switch brands to find the sweet spot for it.

The best way to test is to have it say what temp it is at and use boss extrudes and cuts for the lettering and you will easily see. Use no supports.

Engineer
    I've run both their red and blue Crystal PLA product at 230C and at 210C. I liked it better at 230C as it seemed to deal with retraction better. I printed straight onto boro glass. NO GLUE or you will be wetting it down to get it to release.

Engineer
    What color did you get?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    What color did you get?
    Black, bright green, yellow, white, clear, red then in crystal - red blue yellow.

Page 191 of 341 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast