Close

Page 19 of 411 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    Nice. I was able to get a good print (For the most part lol), You are missing some screens lol You have one twice there lol. Looking forward to your pictures!
    ha sorry I should probably preview my posts before submitting them. Here are the examples I promised. The red vase printed on an unleveled base so the other nozzle ket hitting one of the sides. As far as the settings I only included the ones that I modified the rest I left they way they are.

IMG_2394.jpgSettings Layer.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    It has MK10 extruders.
    I would recommend you upgrade to these http://www.micro-swiss.com/#!product...e-cece31e3ba6f
    More then just a nozzle but it eliminates the PTFE tube which will allow a little higher temp.
    The stock nozzles are brass and will wear out with some of those filaments.
    How much hotter can ya get with these tips than the stock Mk10 ones?
    Those look really nice for the price tag. No issues with the changeover Im guessing?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    My understanding is that you shouldn't consistently go over 235c with a PTFE tube. They will deform over time. With this upgrade you should be safe with 260c. Remember you still have a plastic carriage that heat creep could start to melt over time. If your comfortable with disassembling and reassembling small precise parts it should be no problem.
    Also Microswiss has you do a little filing on the cold block holes I didn't do that it's very easy to mess it up.
    Had to get a new cold block from Qidi Tech after I messed the first one up. Cold block was surprisingly cheap.
    Last edited by rcleav; 02-18-2016 at 10:27 AM.

My understanding is that you shouldn't consistently go over 235c with a PTFE tube. They will deform over time. With this upgrade you should be safe with 260c. Remember you still have a plastic carriage that heat creep could start to melt over time. If your comfortable with disassembling and reassembling small precise parts it should be no problem.
    Also Microswiss has you do a little filing on the cold block holes I didn't do that it's very easy to mess it up.
    Had to get a new cold block from Qidi Tech after I messed the first one up. Cold block was surprisingly cheap.
    I have two cold blocks lol (The one that came with it, and the one that they sent with the new extruder assembly.) And it seems that BOTH have the two holes slightly off. They aren't perfectly parallel to each other, just a small thing, but makes leveling the two nozzles perfectly very hard if not impossible.

Engineer-in-Training
    Well, there was some unforseen car issues I had to deal with that delayed it, but just ordered my printer.
    Unfortunatly due to said car issues I need to sell my wife's old broke van before I can afford S3D software.

Cant wait to start printing!

This Qidi machine...its a kit right?
    That would probably help alot as Im very new to all this. Building the machine would give me better idea of its operation.
    Last edited by Syd_Khaos; 02-18-2016 at 06:30 PM.

No it is complete machine just need to bolt the extruders to the extruder carriage only 2 screws.
    As far as I can tell it's nearly identical to the Flashforge Creator pro.

Engineer-in-Training
    Is the build area same as FF Creator Pro?
    They list build volume as 8.9 x 5.7 x 5.9 inch. That's HxWxD? Or are dimensions listed different for some reason.

I really appreciate yall putting up with all my noobie questions. And thanks for tip on upgrades. Getting me a pair of those Swiss tips and a MagHold plate as soon as funds permit.

Yes the build plate dimensions are the same.
    You don't have to start with the Microswiss thermal tubes. I would get my feet wet with the PLA they send you before getting to experimental.
    BTW I prefer removable 1/4" glass plates and Aqua Net hairspray gets glass smooth bottoms that fall off when cooled.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yes the build plate dimensions are the same.
    You don't have to start with the Microswiss thermal tubes. I would get my feet wet with the PLA they send you before getting to experimental.
    BTW I prefer removable 1/4" glass plates and Aqua Net hairspray gets glass smooth bottoms that fall off when cooled.
    I like those tips better is only for the stainless. I'm new to 3D printing, but have been metalworking my whole life. That stainless is gonna last alot longer than brass vs natural wear n tear.

What type of glass do you use? Im guessing pyrex or some such for even heating.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I like those tips better is only for the stainless. I'm new to 3D printing, but have been metalworking my whole life. That stainless is gonna last alot longer than brass vs natural wear n tear.
    F
    What type of glass do you use? Im guessing pyrex or some such for even heating.
    the Swiss nozzles are brass as well, just coated with other stuff

and bs you can use most glass as long asit is heated slowly and cooked slowly but tempered is best. And cheap, just be careful of sharp edges lol. You can buy moves beveled pre cut to size glass plates on eBay.

I I personally love the simplicity of the Maghold system though. Slap it on, no need to worry about clamps or asjudments or anything. Then when done you take it off and it cools to safe temps almost instantly and a little build and your part is free! And you can put it right back on and keep on printing!! Pretty cheap too!

Page 19 of 411 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast