Close

Page 161 of 341 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 4110

Hybrid View

I just won another printer on eBay. A Quidi Tech II. It looks like it had shipping damage but the price was right and I couldn't be out bid.

Engineer
    I wonder how a damaged printer ended up in Indiana?

its probably a part of a wholesale order that was damaged but not accepted as a return by qidi tech. Seller was probably already compensated for the damaged and resold it.

Engineer
    I tried to hook up S3D to the QIDI via the USB port. When I plug the QIDI's USB cable into my Windoze pc a new device called "The Replicator" shows up, but no driver software is found or installed for it. Further, a web/computer search does not find any candidate drivers. I have not yet installed Python or any of the Makerware or ReplicatorG SW that came on the SD card from QIDI onto my PC out of concern it would be a hack and might conflict somehow w/ S3D. I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this situation, or has a suggestion on how best to proceed. Is it possible to get communications from S3D to the QIDI via USB functioning?

sounds like a good company.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I tried to hook up S3D to the QIDI via the USB port. When I plug the QIDI's USB cable into my Windoze pc a new device called "The Replicator" shows up, but no driver software is found or installed for it. Further, a web/computer search does not find any candidate drivers. I have not yet installed Python or any of the Makerware or ReplicatorG SW that came on the SD card from QIDI onto my PC out of concern it would be a hack and might conflict somehow w/ S3D. I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this situation, or has a suggestion on how best to proceed. Is it possible to get communications from S3D to the QIDI via USB functioning?

It'll show up as a Replicator if you hooked it up to RepG as well, I think it's because the Qidi is a rip... Err I mean inspired by the Replicator Or at least mine was saying "you have a genuine the replicator" though I'm sure I saw Qidi somewhere when I plugged it in last.

I was printing over USB to begin with, with S3D and it was just a case of plugging it in and off I went. I am using a Mac but I'd imagine it should be the same on Windows. But I've given up on that thanks to the print being interrupted when my screen went into power saver. My computer never sleeps, it's on 24/7 because I use Plex on it. But for some reason S3D didn't like the screen going off and it ruined the print.

Anyway, that's a long winded way of getting to, I'm not sure why yours isn't working over USB. But I'd recommend you don't use it anyway and stick to using the SD card to print from. I bought a Toshiba FlashAir SD card to use in the printer, they're stupidly cheap. Now when I switch my printer on the FlashAir connects to my network and I can transfer my files wirelessly direct to the SD card and print from there. It's a much more reliable way of doing things.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    ...I bought a Toshiba FlashAir SD card to use in the printer, they're stupidly cheap. Now when I switch my printer on the FlashAir connects to my network and I can transfer my files wirelessly direct to the SD card and print from there. It's a much more reliable way of doing things.
    Yes I have the FlashAir installed and working. Love it. I am interested in using the S3D machine control interface as a monitoring tool and hopefully to initiate the QIDI's prints from the QIDI's FlashAir SD. I don't want to make the QIDI dependent upon whatever is happening w/ my PC.

Yes. You have to set up the machine as a flashforge creator pro.

I can give more detail later when I'm home.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    Yes. You have to set up the machine as a flashforge creator pro. I can give more detail later when I'm home.
    After a bit of reading on S3D's support site, I installed the MakerWare SW that came from QIDI. The Mightyboard's USB drivers came along with that SW install and S3D is now happy to talk w/ the QIDI. It was necessary to turn off MarkerWare's "background service" (from within their SW's menu selections) in order for S3D to gain access to the QIDI via USB. It does appear that I can successfully download the print file via the FlashAir, initiate the print from the QIDI's (FlashAir) SD, and then either disconnect the S3D machine tool interface or leave it intact monitoring the temperatures. At that point the QIDI is printing in a stand alone mode and is not depending upon the actions of the workstation PC.

Yes I have the FlashAir installed and working. Love it. I am interested in using the S3D machine control interface as a monitoring tool and hopefully to initiate the QIDI's prints from the QIDI's FlashAir SD. I don't want to make the QIDI dependent upon whatever is happening w/ my PC.
    I am able to control the machine through S3D and monitor progress. I am also able to print through SD card or over USB. I like S3D interface because you can see a history of prints and also have a better view of what prints are on the SD. Again, I'll give you a write up tonight.

Page 161 of 341 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast