Close

Page 11 of 341 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

My Qidi printer came with short pieces of filament in the extruder head. I just removed them and installed the new filament that came with the printer. In the menu there is a section for loading/unloading filament.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I removed the blue pad from the build plate and then cleaned the glue off. You will need a glass plate 1/4" thick 9"x6"from http://www.mcmaster.com/#8476k74/=10gpi80. A build plate shim https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:501020. Corner Glass Clips https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:613685. Longer screws and wingnuts to hold the the Corner Clips. I also made theses for all 5 thumbscrews https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:604579. Best picture I have at the moment.
    IMAG0373.jpg

I just got my QidiTech printer and purchased Simplify3D but it's not working well at all so far. The main issue I have is when choosing the Flashforge Creator Pro print profile is when warming up the extruders and bed it hangs out to the front right whereas in the ReplicatorG software that came with it always moved it to the far left. After it warms up it starts spewing filament off of the right edge.

I also tried using the Markerbot profile but the new filament cooler fan smacks into the left side of the machine when it's homing right before it preheats. It sounds pretty terrible and I'm sure it'll damage the gears over time if I don't address it. I was curious if anyone else has seen this or not? I've tried several different print profiles, most of which just spew filament outside of the build plate while others smack the side of the case. I'm guessing it's in the options under one of the offsets but I'm nervous to play around with that too much.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Geesh; 12-31-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Ok so I played around with it a bit more. Looks like using the Flashforge Creator Pro print profile, it thinks the bed is larger than it is. Here's the bed leveling wizard trying to line up the right side vs the left side. The left side seems fine, right however is a totally different story.

Also, when printing, after it cleans the tip, it lays down a stringy mess that doesnt adhere to the bed. Same temp and settings that I used in the ReplicatorG software which worked perfectly. PLA at 205º and bed temp at 60º. I used the glue stick method that I always use as well, no dice.

offset1.jpgoffset2.jpg
    Last edited by Geesh; 12-31-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geesh View Post
    Ok so I played around with it a bit more. Looks like using the Flashforge Creator Pro print profile, it thinks the bed is larger than it is. Here's the bed leveling wizard trying to line up the right side vs the left side. The left side seems fine, right however is a totally different story.

Also, when printing, after it cleans the tip, it lays down a stringy mess that doesnt adhere to the bed. Same temp and settings that I used in the ReplicatorG software which worked perfectly. PLA at 205º and bed temp at 60º. I used the glue stick method that I always use as well, no dice.
    The Flashforge has exactly the same size build plate. I use Qidi Tech built in bed leveling which works just fine. I've have used Simplify3D from day one so don't have a lot of experience with the other free software out there. Your temps are what I run except I have glass build plates and use Aquanet hairspray.

Odd, ok then. I've emailed their support in hopes that they can help identify the problem.

What firmware type and GPX profile did you all use in the process settings under GCode? Mine is listed as MakerBot/Sailfish Firmware with GPX profile os Replicator 1 - dual extruder.

I just got my QiDi today and hope to contribute to this thread.

That cube is a calibration cube that should measure 10mm x 10mm x10mm when it's done. It's not a bad idea to start with it to make sure the printer is properly calibrated.
    I also had problems getting my objects unstuck from the blue build pad and that's why I switched to glass and hairspray.
    I've now added Qidi's cooling fan to my extruders and I'm able to control it through Simplify3D settings. It does help my prints and so far I've tried it with PLA and PETG.
    I will be doing a post on adding the factory cooling fan to an earlier model Qidi Tech soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    That cube is a calibration cube that should measure 10mm x 10mm x10mm when it's done. It's not a bad idea to start with it to make sure the printer is properly calibrated.
    I also had problems getting my objects unstuck from the blue build pad and that's why I switched to glass and hairspray.
    I've now added Qidi's cooling fan to my extruders and I'm able to control it through Simplify3D settings. It does help my prints and so far I've tried it with PLA and PETG.
    I will be doing a post on adding the factory cooling fan to an earlier model Qidi Tech soon.
    Odd. My other comment is missing now. Thanks for explaining the calibration box. I'll need to measure it and see how it did. Has anyone tried TPU or nylon with these?
    I'll try some blue painters tape tonight...if I can get the print off! Any suggestions?

Page 11 of 341 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast