Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
ABS and hairspray has never worked for me especially on large flat bottom parts. Small parts its ok. I've tried all the tricks, several coats, let it build up etc.

Lately I've been scraping bed clean with a single edge razor window scraper. Then wiping the glass with AquaNet on a paper towel. Then heating bed to 70c and applying a thin coat of abs slurry. I have some white and clear mixed up and I keep in small mason jars. Also have some colors mixed up if needed. Once the bed fully cools the part generally just lays there un stuck to the glass and you just lift it off.
I've been working on printing JFkansas' extruder mechanism in ABS. This is my first tight tolerance experience with ABS. Had some serious over extrusion issues and have dropped the extrusion multiplier from 1.00 to 0.80. Switched to using ABS slurry, which adheres wonderfully with ABS (big surprise...not) but does not adhere so perfectly with the glass bed. I have found that for some prints I must turn on the blower to prevent thinner "shelves" from turning upward into the extruder.

PLA was just easy, everything worked right off. ABS has been a fight every step of the way.