Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    You talking about the 60k PSI stuff or the FDA/dishwasher safe stuff?

I have used the latter, and from my understanding both are based off the same resin.
    I asked Makergeeks what the difference was and was told it's the same product.

Super Moderator
    Greetings all! New to the 3D printing world and am waiting for my QIDI to arrive this week - maybe today.

Also hoping for the 10mm rods!

Having spent the last week reading every post here, I am on info overload!

Probably like everyone else I have tons of ideas of things to print, after the needed upgrade parts for the printer of course.

I see some using a WIFI connection to the printer, has anyone used any type of wired network connection? I do have a rig that extends a USB setup to 150 feet that I use for my vinyl cutters and it works great. Very interested to see how it works with this printer.

Also looking for suggestions on a small blasting rig. It seems that ground plastic media is very effective for cleaning up printed parts.

Anyway, thanks for all of the great advice and comments so far on here. I am sure I will have many questions.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Greetings all! New to the 3D printing world and am waiting for my QIDI to arrive this week - maybe today.

Also hoping for the 10mm rods!

Having spent the last week reading every post here, I am on info overload!

Probably like everyone else I have tons of ideas of things to print, after the needed upgrade parts for the printer of course.

I see some using a WIFI connection to the printer, has anyone used any type of wired network connection? I do have a rig that extends a USB setup to 150 feet that I use for my vinyl cutters and it works great. Very interested to see how it works with this printer.

Also looking for suggestions on a small blasting rig. It seems that ground plastic media is very effective for cleaning up printed parts.

Anyway, thanks for all of the great advice and comments so far on here. I am sure I will have many questions.
    Welcome to the funhouse! I am curious, what do you use to extend USB 150'?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Welcome to the funhouse! I am curious, what do you use to extend USB 150'?
    Here is an Amazon link:
    https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Ext...e+usb+extender

I use these mainly for large vinyl cutters and they can be very fussy with a longer USB cable. These have worked great for me.