Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    No I didn't buy one, as the local library has one available for use. Yes, I thought they were way overpriced and wasn't considering a purchase, at least not until I had several scans that turned out good.

Thanks, but I would hate to have you spend your time on a project of mine. I will try the library scanner first them MAY take you up on your offer. My biggest problem is finding a reasonable 3d CAD and learning to use it. I have used TinkerCAD for some basic items, but it doesn't have the capability (or maybe its just me) for this part. I have tried but after several hours I gave up. I have tried Fusion360, but tis capabilities and how to use them are not obvious (at least to me).

If you persevere with it Fusion is actually really good. Some things really don't seem to obvious (or a bit blinking backward in some cases) but it's getting better with every update. I was almost put off it when I first used it, but I'm really glad I persevered, there's not a lot you can't do with it once you get your head around it. And we're all here if you need some advice when you get stuck.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    If you persevere with it Fusion is actually really good. Some things really don't seem to obvious (or a bit blinking backward in some cases) but it's getting better with every update. I was almost put off it when I first used it, but I'm really glad I persevered, there's not a lot you can't do with it once you get your head around it. And we're all here if you need some advice when you get stuck.
    The 2 things that were so frustrating is drawings and sketching. Both have come a long way in the past 6 months. The 3d modeling part has been great for quite a while. I still haven't rapped my mind around the sculpting, a whole different world there it seem. When I watch sculpting videos in Fusion they make it seem so easy, but when I try I get nowhere. lol