Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
Really hope ya didn't buy one of these...

Just like everything else Makerbot makes its WAAAAY overpriced. There are 3D scanners out there for 1/2 the price that do just as well.

3D scanning is not gonna be print ready (unless you spend $2k+ USD), you will always need to do touchup work. And the few scanners I have been able to try...well they more for 'organinc' type things, all but the highest end ones seem to have slight issues with 'parts' for lack of better words.
On top of all but the highest end scanners will have serious issues scanning anything pure black, pure white, reflective (even a tiny bit), or semi translucent.

My buddy has a $600 scanner, some off-brand, and I had to spraypaint things yellow to get em to scan even close to proper.

Do you still have the part? All the broken bits? Take some pics and some mesurements, e-mail them to me at Syd.Khaos@gmail.com...Ill see what I can do.
No I didn't buy one, as the local library has one available for use. Yes, I thought they were way overpriced and wasn't considering a purchase, at least not until I had several scans that turned out good.

Thanks, but I would hate to have you spend your time on a project of mine. I will try the library scanner first them MAY take you up on your offer. My biggest problem is finding a reasonable 3d CAD and learning to use it. I have used TinkerCAD for some basic items, but it doesn't have the capability (or maybe its just me) for this part. I have tried but after several hours I gave up. I have tried Fusion360, but tis capabilities and how to use them are not obvious (at least to me).