Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Ontop of that there is another issue I think I see.

Just watched a bunch of youtube vids on it...noticing that EVERYTHING is being printed with rafts.

Whats the deal there?

If the trade-off for printing without a bonding agent is that everything has to be done on rafts I am not sure its so good. Using PVC sticker and glue stick I print almost nothing on a raft. It is very rare I come across something that needs a raft to print properly.

Just thought I'd throw this up while there's a print on the go and you'd only seen printing being done with rafts on this stuff.

This is a quickie I'm doing for the mother-in-law (no jokes thank you ) but you can see it's occupying most of the bed and all I'm using is a skirt to check the flow on the first layer.

Probably about 5mm height printed so far there and as you can see it's all nicely flat and adhered to the bed. But I expect that, it'll stay that way until it cools at the end.

@DarkAlchemist
    I offered you my spare bit before, I've just looked at shipping costs from here to the US, 5-7 day delivery costs practically nothing. So if you're interested in giving it a go, I'm happy to send it to you gratis. I'd certainly sooner someone got use of it than it sitting in a box under my desk doing nothing, it's too good to waste.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this up while there's a print on the go and you'd only seen printing being done with rafts on this stuff.

This is a quickie I'm doing for the mother-in-law (no jokes thank you ) but you can see it's occupying most of the bed and all I'm using is a skirt to check the flow on the first layer.

Probably about 5mm height printed so far there and as you can see it's all nicely flat and adhered to the bed. But I expect that, it'll stay that way until it cools at the end.

@DarkAlchemist
    I offered you my spare bit before, I've just looked at shipping costs from here to the US, 5-7 day delivery costs practically nothing. So if you're interested in giving it a go, I'm happy to send it to you gratis. I'd certainly sooner someone got use of it than it sitting in a box under my desk doing nothing, it's too good to waste.

If Dark don't want it I will pay ya for it...long as ya got paypal.

@wirlybird:
    I use PhotoBucket to save pics and post em here.

The way I change filament out is to use the 'Load Filament' feature on machine. Once nozzle hits about 200c you should be able to pull the old filament out the top. Then put the new stuff in. If you dont wanna pull against the feed gear just cut the old stuff off right above the monifold and feed the new stuff in behind it.

@DarkAlchemist

I will gladly give 'er a shot and sorry I missed the posting (I am still trying to get used to these forums saying new posts only takes me back way before and always to the same page).

Darn these forums.

Oh, the Crystal Meth, I mean Red, from Makergeeks will be here on Tue due to the 4th Holiday. They sent it 2nd day USPS Priority mail but is only about 300 miles from me so 2nd day USPS Priority, or regular, it is a 2 day mailing from them.

Now to wait for it and see if the mail person gets out of their truck and attempts to deliver it or if they just destroy my mailbox again (will be the third time if so) by stuffing it inside or just puts a note in it and I have to go pick it up. They are extremely lazy drivers here.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 07-02-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I will gladly give 'er a shot and sorry I missed the posting (I am still trying to get used to these forums saying new posts only takes me back way before and always to the same page).

Darn these forums.

Oh, the Crystal Meth, I mean Red, from Makergeeks will be here on Tue due to the 4th Holiday. They sent it 2nd day USPS Priority mail but is only about 300 miles from me so 2nd day USPS Priority, or regular, it is a 2 day mailing from them.

Now to wait for it and see if the mail person gets out of their truck and attempts to deliver it or if they just destroy my mailbox again (will be the third time if so) by stuffing it inside or just puts a note in it and I have to go pick it up. They are extremely lazy drivers here.

Good it's not just me with these forums then, I was starting to wonder (I take a LOT of morphine among other things, not for fun ) works much better on my iPhone. The forums, not the morphine, HA. (Yeah I'm fairly well baked just now which is why I'm babbling on.)

I don't get their shipping costs stateside to be honest. I mean ok, they're probably using a company they have a contract with and has better insurance and christ knows what. But I could buy a 254 X 165mm piece which is enough for the 6x9 bed and ship it for about $35 all in. That's a huge difference as far as I'm concerned, they should really offer it as an option, its still a quick enough delivery, it's still insured and it could help sales internationally.

Good it's not just me with these forums then, I was starting to wonder (I take a LOT of morphine among other things, not for fun ) works much better on my iPhone. The forums, not the morphine, HA. (Yeah I'm fairly well baked just now which is why I'm babbling on.)

I don't get their shipping costs stateside to be honest. I mean ok, they're probably using a company they have a contract with and has better insurance and christ knows what. But I could buy a 254 X 165mm piece which is enough for the 6x9 bed and ship it for about $35 all in. That's a huge difference as far as I'm concerned, they should really offer it as an option, its still a quick enough delivery, it's still insured and it could help sales internationally.
    Well, honestly I was surprised by the 2nd day priority mail as that is not all that cheap but companies make deals with these shippers so their costs go drastically down.

The one shipping company I hate is USPS, UPS in that order but USPS is the worst and my sphincter puckers up when I see a company that either directly uses them or uses UPS, or FedEX, where the last mile is handled by USPS.

Never had this much issue with the post office but over here the post office in 2014 started hiring outside of the union and replacing their workers with minimum wage non union workers and ever since nothing but horrid service from them. This little old man who has been on this route for eons is excellent but he is about to retire and I hardly see him anymore and what a shame.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Well, honestly I was surprised by the 2nd day priority mail as that is not all that cheap but companies make deals with these shippers so their costs go drastically down.

The one shipping company I hate is USPS, UPS in that order but USPS is the worst and my sphincter puckers up when I see a company that either directly uses them or uses UPS, or FedEX, where the last mile is handled by USPS.

Never had this much issue with the post office but over here the post office in 2014 started hiring outside of the union and replacing their workers with minimum wage non union workers and ever since nothing but horrid service from them. This little old man who has been on this route for eons is excellent but he is about to retire and I hardly see him anymore and what a shame.
    Yeah it's crazy how wildly different various post services can be. Our Royal Mail isn't as bad as people like to joke about but it's definitely not as good as a few years ago before they started making cuts.
    But they get the job done, generally on time and at a generally fair price. I mean I'll be using them to ship the Print Bite and delivery within a week is only about $5. I think that's peanuts for shipping internationally with a fairly reasonable delivery time. Hell I've sent domestic packages less than 30 miles away and it's cost me more than that before.

Yeah it's crazy how wildly different various post services can be. Our Royal Mail isn't as bad as people like to joke about but it's definitely not as good as a few years ago before they started making cuts.
    But they get the job done, generally on time and at a generally fair price. I mean I'll be using them to ship the Print Bite and delivery within a week is only about $5. I think that's peanuts for shipping internationally with a fairly reasonable delivery time. Hell I've sent domestic packages less than 30 miles away and it's cost me more than that before.
    Royal mail in the 1980's was kick ass and my friend in Hull used to get 4 deliveries a day and if it was an over sized package 5. I always smh on that one as to why so many since he was just in a public housing complex over there. Not sure what you chaps called them but it was a normal house in a community with not much room inbetween but was a public housing complex that, still to this day, we do not see in the states. Back then the mere mention of public housing brought up thoughts of the show Good Times and the projects where crime was king and that is how it was here back then. Still, the projects that are left I will not drive through around at night just too many murders.

Super Moderator
    [QUOTE=Syd_Khaos;91345]If Dark don't want it I will pay ya for it...long as ya got paypal.

@wirlybird:

How are you getting the URL to take? I paste it in and hit OK then get an error. I am sure there is something simple. When I uncheck "retrieve remote file" no picture shows up!!

Engineer-in-Training
    [QUOTE=wirlybird;91354]
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    If Dark don't want it I will pay ya for it...long as ya got paypal.

@wirlybird:

How are you getting the URL to take? I paste it in and hit OK then get an error. I am sure there is something simple. When I uncheck "retrieve remote file" no picture shows up!!
    On photobucket click the pic you want to link here. To the right of selected pic you will see 'Share this Photo' and 4 links below it. Use the bottom most link tagged IMG and whallaa

You got Jeb Kerman!