Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
I sent an email to S3D support earlier today asking what had changed in the QiDi profile. Here is what I got back....

Thank you for contacting Simplify3D support! I'd be glad to answer your question. In the start script, we changed:
G1 X-120 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
to:
G1 X-110 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
Because on some machines the head hit the side of the machine when the optional cooling fan was installed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.
~Simplify3D Support

So campers, not much changed in the S3D profile for QiDi. The VRef values are still maxed out at 127.
SMH on those maxed out VRefs.
Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
I saw a Makerbot Replicator a few months ago and it did something that intrigued me. When it was printing the line to prime the nozzle before launching into the print proper, it wiggled... To be more specific, when it started printing the prime line it was a straight line on the X-axis, but as it moved across the plate it added a successively increasing orthogonal Y-axis modulation to that. By the end of the prime line the Y-axis modulation was about 2mm peak to peak in amplitude. The frequency of the modulation was fixed throughout the line at about 4mm per cycle. Has anyone ever seen something like this this, or a GCode script for generating this motion?
I saw this a few months ago on an old Youtube video and the guy did it via gcode at the start to mimic the Makerbot.