Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I notice that Qidi can be controlled via a PC/Laptop using USB but how in the world do you get to the USB port on it? I saw a picture showing the bottom of the printer (only one I could find) and the power supply was exposed while everything else was behind the metal cage. I prefer to control my printer via the USB BUT there is something I was reading about that sounds like something I want to try as well and that is this http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Flash-...fi+memory+card but that is in the future.

So, how about that USB connection?
    I've been running mine from a Raspberry Pi running Astroprint. I've been able to upload my files to the Pi over my network. Now my Pi is getting really slow and it is starting to take way too long to upload the files. Even when I SSH into to Pi it is really slow. I've looked into those Flash Air SD cards before and now I'm considering them again. I'll probably try to get Octoprint working before I go the Flash Air route.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I've been running mine from a Raspberry Pi running Astroprint. I've been able to upload my files to the Pi over my network. Now my Pi is getting really slow and it is starting to take way too long to upload the files. Even when I SSH into to Pi it is really slow. I've looked into those Flash Air SD cards before and now I'm considering them again. I'll probably try to get Octoprint working before I go the Flash Air route.
    Aye. I already know of two things I am going to design and print for this printer and I am going to design an extruder for my dead printer because the more I test the printer the more I think it could be the authentic J-Head. Since I can't remove that nozzle I will use a Chinese all metal I own to see. What I did was clip my glass to the front side so the glass was level and, of course, dead flat and depending on the filament it changed from non adhesion (even with hairspray) to acting like I used sandpaper on it as it printed.

See, this i3 Rework worked then one day BOOM it would never lay a nice first layer down and it got worse and worse. The only thing that I have not changed on this printer is the J-Head. The nice thing about having a working printer, like the Qidi, is I can print parts for the dead printer.

So, we will see and the card with wi-fi I just wonder how that would work? Does it just save the file on the card and I use the card like normal? All it is doing is saving me from having to insert, then remove, walk to the other side of the house, then insert, remove and walk back to the slicing computer each time? I think that is what it is doing which would be nice since inserting and removing so many times is not a good thing on the connectors.

For cooling parts can I wire another fan on the right side as well? Just parallel the two fans? Is it using a 24v fan since everything else is 24v?

So, we will see and the card with wi-fi I just wonder how that would work? Does it just save the file on the card and I use the card like normal? All it is doing is saving me from having to insert, then remove, walk to the other side of the house, then insert, remove and walk back to the slicing computer each time? I think that is what it is doing which would be nice since inserting and removing so many times is not a good thing on the connectors.
    I have a Toshiba Flashair W-03 16GB card. Basically you can connect to this directly with WIFI or setup to connect to your local network. Then you access the local webpage it hosts and can view the files on it. You need to modify the user interface to allow uploading/deleting files, follow this guide. Then you simply navigate to the bookmarked webpage and click upload file and select your *.x3g file and it will copy to the SD card. Which you can then select and print as normal.

It would definitely be better if the SD card was accessable as a network drive/folder which would allow you to save directly there from slicer. But one more step of uploading file via webpage isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by g.gregory8 View Post
    I have a Toshiba Flashair W-03 16GB card. Basically you can connect to this directly with WIFI or setup to connect to your local network. Then you access the local webpage it hosts and can view the files on it. You need to modify the user interface to allow uploading/deleting files, follow this guide. Then you simply navigate to the bookmarked webpage and click upload file and select your *.x3g file and it will copy to the SD card. Which you can then select and print as normal.

It would definitely be better if the SD card was accessable as a network drive/folder which would allow you to save directly there from slicer. But one more step of uploading file via webpage isn't too bad.
    Good to know and it is odd they didn't just make it like a network drive indeed. :/ Still, not a bad idea though I am not sure if that small thing could reach the other part of the house. My cellphone struggles but anything with an external antenna has no issues.

Technician
    Does anyone have a link to some glass holders (not clips) designed for 1/8 inch glass, or 1/4 inch that includes the CAD files so I can possibly modify them, depending on the program. I seem to remember someone mentioning them somewhere, but with 123 pages now, it will be impossible to find. Not sure why there is still no subforum for QIDI Tech.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    Does anyone have a link to some glass holders (not clips) designed for 1/8 inch glass, or 1/4 inch that includes the CAD files so I can possibly modify them, depending on the program. I seem to remember someone mentioning them somewhere, but with 123 pages now, it will be impossible to find. Not sure why there is still no subforum for QIDI Tech.
    Try this one, it should work with 1/8" glass. Also the CAD files are included in Solidworks and IGES format.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    Try this one, it should work with 1/8" glass. Also the CAD files are included in Solidworks and IGES format.
    Which one?

Student
    Instead of clips. I just got this. Its was suggested from another member here and works great!!!!! 100mmx100mmx0.5mm GPU CPU Heatsink Cooling Thermal Conductive Silicone Pad Tool What I did is cut the pad in 4 equal squares and lay them on the build plate. The glass sticks to it. Then when your done printing just lift the glass off. It seems to want to stick to the glass but hasn't been an issue. Love how easy it is when the print is done to remove the object!

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post

Quote Originally Posted by svt04cobra View Post
    Instead of clips. I just got this. Its was suggested from another member here and works great!!!!! 100mmx100mmx0.5mm GPU CPU Heatsink Cooling Thermal Conductive Silicone Pad Tool What I did is cut the pad in 4 equal squares and lay them on the build plate. The glass sticks to it. Then when your done printing just lift the glass off. It seems to want to stick to the glass but hasn't been an issue. Love how easy it is when the print is done to remove the object!
    I believe that was me as I used them and would never ever go back to clips.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by g.gregory8 View Post

Looks like you can map a drive to the SD card. I think I need to order one.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ped-in-Windows

Good to know and it is odd they didn't just make it like a network drive indeed. :/ Still, not a bad idea though I am not sure if that small thing could reach the other part of the house. My cellphone struggles but anything with an external antenna has no issues.
    You phone/computer would not need to connect to the Flashair directly. The Flashair just needs a good connection to your WiFi router then your computer would connect to the SD card through the router.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast