You might check out PETG, I think I got eSun on recommendation. Like ABS but behaves more like PLA. I think cost was reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
I've recently been using the MG Raptor PLA material. It is advertised as high-strength and FDA/food/dishwasher safe. My experience so far is extremely positive. It prints very well and allows me to achieve the high detail I typically get with PLA. It has the buttery consistency of ABS as it prints. It adheres well to itself and the bed (gluestick on glass). It has much of the flexibility of ABS, possibly even more. It is unfortunately rather pricey, about a $15 premium per roll.

I do wish that MG was better about documenting this material's formulation and characteristics with spec categories that are comparable to those presented for their standard PLA and ABS etc. Each material seems to be presented with its own unique selection of specs rather than showing the same spec categories for all. I'm not saying I would instantly understand the majority of the categories, but I'd have a heck of a better shot at it.