Close

Hybrid View

Oh, and I also ordered additional nozzles and a complete print head setup, and a few other spare parts... going to print using filaments with wood and metal and wanted to make sure that I had extra parts in case anything goes wrong with using those filaments.

Having a lot of fun with this new printer...

Add PCK Machines on Facebook Add PCK Machines on Google+
    I searched this thread/forum for more info on replacement nozzles but wasn't able to find any nozzle specs; can anyone tell me what to look for when buying replacement nozzles for the QIDI Tech I? I'm assuming there are different sized nozzles (0.2-0.3mm, 0.8-1.2mm?) with the same thread pattern, right? I think I read somewhere these extruders/nozzles use an M7 or M8 thread, can anyone confirm? Does this use MK10 extruders?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PCK Machines View Post
    I searched this thread/forum for more info on replacement nozzles but wasn't able to find any nozzle specs; can anyone tell me what to look for when buying replacement nozzles for the QIDI Tech I? I'm assuming there are different sized nozzles (0.2-0.3mm, 0.8-1.2mm?) with the same thread pattern, right? I think I read somewhere these extruders/nozzles use an M7 or M8 thread, can anyone confirm? Does this use MK10 extruders?

I think it is MK10. I bought some off ebay from QIDI.

They are MK10 nozzles and any MK10 will work.

Engineer
    Here are some listed on Amazon.
    0.4 is the size that the printer ships with. This listing is Amazon Prime indicating that you can get it quickly. It is also one of the lowest cost I've seen.
    https://www.amazon.com/Extruder-Nozz.../dp/B01F3C8FM4

Here is a listing for an assortment of sizes in SS. Shipping time is 30 days or so. It is the lowest cost for multiple sizes that I've seen. At the moment it seems to be unavailable, along with everything else from BIQU, weird! It used to be ~ $13
    https://www.amazon.com/BIQU-Resistan.../dp/B01IUP983Q
    Last edited by DaveB; 07-27-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Here are some listed on Amazon.
    0.4 is the size that the printer ships with. This listing is Amazon Prime indicating that you can get it quickly. It is also one of the lowest cost I've seen.
    https://www.amazon.com/Extruder-Nozz.../dp/B01F3C8FM4

Here is a listing for an assortment of sizes in SS. Shipping time is 30 days or so. It is the lowest cost for multiple sizes that I've seen. At the moment it seems to be unavailable, along with everything else from BIQU, weird! It used to be ~ $13
    https://www.amazon.com/BIQU-Resistan.../dp/B01IUP983Q
    This is due to one of two things and that is Amazon yanked them due to various issues with the merchant OR the merchant ran out. Nine times out of ten the merchant is under investigation by Amazon (if all of their listings say "Currently unavailable" then it is the company and not simply the product) and when the investigation ends they may just suddenly pop up or the listing will cease to exist completely (no traces left).

There is one other option I have seen happen and that is when the marketplace merchant wakes up and says there isn't enough profit in this with Amazon and the items aren't moving enough so they basically pull their stock to zero.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    This is due to one of two things and that is Amazon yanked them due to various issues with the merchant OR the merchant ran out. Nine times out of ten the merchant is under investigation by Amazon (if all of their listings say "Currently unavailable" then it is the company and not simply the product) and when the investigation ends they may just suddenly pop up or the listing will cease to exist completely (no traces left).

There is one other option I have seen happen and that is when the marketplace merchant wakes up and says there isn't enough profit in this with Amazon and the items aren't moving enough so they basically pull their stock to zero.
    Just got an email from BIQU. I'm not sure how to interpret this, but here is what I got:

"Hello David,
    Our account has been Suspended yesterday, so sorry about this.
    When we appeal it back we will e-mail you, thanks for your kindness supporting and understanding!
    Hope you have a good day!

Sincerely
    BIQU Team"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Just got an email from BIQU. I'm not sure how to interpret this, but here is what I got:

"Hello David,
    Our account has been Suspended yesterday, so sorry about this.
    When we appeal it back we will e-mail you, thanks for your kindness supporting and understanding!
    Hope you have a good day!

Sincerely
    BIQU Team"
    There ya go they fall into the 90% bracket, that I mentioned, where Amazon yanked them and apparently their account was suspended (in reality it is terminated). This means Amazon had a lot of complaints on them and their nozzles. There really isn't any other way to get an account terminated/suspended on Amazon. I bet you a dollar to a doughnut a lot of people never received their product and Amazon had to step in.

Amazon doesn't play around and it is damn near impossible to get a reversal from Amazon. I have seen it before but it is very rare.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    There ya go they fall into the 90% bracket, that I mentioned, where Amazon yanked them and apparently their account was suspended (in reality it is terminated). This means Amazon had a lot of complaints on them and their nozzles. There really isn't any other way to get an account terminated/suspended on Amazon. I bet you a dollar to a doughnut a lot of people never received their product and Amazon had to step in.

Amazon doesn't play around and it is damn near impossible to get a reversal from Amazon. I have seen it before but it is very rare.
    They had 13 pages of items in their store. I doubt all of the complaints were regarding their nozzles, particularly as they would not be hitting the streets in the USA until September. I did get some PTFE tubing from them, and ended up returning it for a refund.