Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Are you guys mainly printing from SD cards? Just curious.
    When I first got mine it wouldn't print from the SD card. Emailed Qidi and they sent a new button/card reader board. Easy install and could then print from SD cards. I do so occasionally, but print about 90% directly from the USB and have had no issues.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marcnaz View Post
    When I first got mine it wouldn't print from the SD card. Emailed Qidi and they sent a new button/card reader board. Easy install and could then print from SD cards. I do so occasionally, but print about 90% directly from the USB and have had no issues.

I have been almost exclusively printing from USB with no known problems! I kind of like being able to monitor the stats and see the build on the screen.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I have been almost exclusively printing from USB with no known problems! I kind of like being able to monitor the stats and see the build on the screen.
    I tried the USB connection when I first got my printer. I liked the idea of having all the info onscreen during a print.

But it was very wonky from the drop. Some things would work, other would not...and what would or wouldn't work kept changing lol. Was not a single time I plugged in that everything worked as intended.
    Plus ontop of all that my PC and printer are at opposite ends of my house. At least 100ft between the 2...close to 200ft as a cable would run.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I tried the USB connection when I first got my printer. I liked the idea of having all the info onscreen during a print.

But it was very wonky from the drop. Some things would work, other would not...and what would or wouldn't work kept changing lol. Was not a single time I plugged in that everything worked as intended.
    Plus ontop of all that my PC and printer are at opposite ends of my house. At least 100ft between the 2...close to 200ft as a cable would run.

Yup. anything over 5 meters is the limit for USB 2 cables and a full speed device and a low speed device is 3 meters. Have you been using SD cards to print then? Sounds like there may be more going on than just a printer issue.