Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

I posted the very first message in this thread/forum one year ago. I just wanted to say that I still have my printer. I use it regularly and am still very pleased with it. After a couple of minor issues which were fixed (Qidi folks sent replacement parts very quickly), I have had no problems.
    I noted that for a while I couldn't find them on Amazon (where I made my initial purchase) but looks like that is no longer the case. I was impressed to see that this thread has grown to nearly 2500 posts and lots of users. Thanks to those who have provided information and experiences about these printers!

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by marcnaz View Post
    I posted the very first message in this thread/forum one year ago. I just wanted to say that I still have my printer. I use it regularly and am still very pleased with it. After a couple of minor issues which were fixed (Qidi folks sent replacement parts very quickly), I have had no problems.
    I noted that for a while I couldn't find them on Amazon (where I made my initial purchase) but looks like that is no longer the case. I was impressed to see that this thread has grown to nearly 2500 posts and lots of users. Thanks to those who have provided information and experiences about these printers!
    Very nice and thanks for returning! The thread has grown quite a bit and gathered a ton of posts, lots of great information here.

Engineer
    I've been noticing the variety of nozzle sizes available on Amazon under BIQU's store front. They had SS MK10 sizes from .2 thru .5 but only in qty 5 each. I didn't really want 5 of anything without trying it first. So I wrote them an email suggesting they provide an item with 1x .2mm, 1x .3mm, 2x .4mm, and 1x .5mm. for the same qty 5 price of $13. They wrote back in a few hours and said they would add the listing today. An hour later I received a second email from them with the amazon item listing number: www.amazon.com/dp/B01IUP983Q I've ordered one of the sets. Shipping is "almost immediate" but transit time via China Post is estimated at 3-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've been noticing the variety of nozzle sizes available on Amazon under BIQU's store front. They had SS MK10 sizes from .2 thru .5 but only in qty 5 each. I didn't really want 5 of anything without trying it first. So I wrote them an email suggesting they provide an item with 1x .2mm, 1x .3mm, 2x .4mm, and 1x .5mm. for the same qty 5 price of $13. They wrote back in a few hours and said they would add the listing today. An hour later I received a second email from them with the amazon item listing number: www.amazon.com/dp/B01IUP983Q I've ordered one of the sets. Shipping is "almost immediate" but transit time via China Post is estimated at 3-4 weeks.
    Let us know of your findings but that is still of 5 for $12.98

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Let us know of your findings but that is still of 5 for $12.98
    Wa wa waaa, just got my shipping notification and delivery date estimate for the set of nozzles. September 2. What the heck happened to August??? Sometimes China Post is sooo slooow. They must be shipping by whale boat.

Engineer-in-Training
    That is awesome, gonna have to order me a set and play around with em.
    I am a little confused though...what is the one stamped 'BIQU' in the first pic. Guess ya get one of each and then a mystery nozzle lol.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    That is awesome, gonna have to order me a set and play around with em.
    I am a little confused though...what is the one stamped 'BIQU' in the first pic. Guess ya get one of each and then a mystery nozzle lol.
    You get two .4mm nozzles.

Package Included:
    1*0.2mm MK10 Nozzle
    1*0.3mm MK10 Nozzle
    2*0.4mm MK10 Nozzle
    1*0.5mm MK10 Nozzle

Engineer
    Well BIQU's store front is still in limbo on Amazon, but their assorted size SS nozzle set that I ordered the day before their hiatus began did arrive via foreign post / USPS today from Singapore. All I have is a few small bits to check sizes with, but I can confirm that things which measure smaller than the marked nozzle sizes do fit into their respective nozzle, and things that measure larger won't. The (PTFE tube chamfer) depth inside the nozzle tip is a bit deeper than the stock QiDi nozzle, but it all fits correctly on the printer.
    Last edited by DaveB; 08-04-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Super Moderator
    If all goes well this could be the Flexion upgrade weekend!

I've been using Simplify3d for my slicing and printing since about 2 weeks after I received my printer and have been really pleased with it's performance. I was never happy with the original slicing software that came with the printer. FYI the latest Simplify3d software revision/update was posted in Jun. The printer/machine choices include the Qidi Tech 1. The only changes I make to the default profile is slightly cooler extruder and bed temps and extrusion rates based on which brand & type of filament I'm using.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast