Close

Hybrid View

I ordered one of these babies for my office. And so far I am very impressed and very frustrated.
    At first the prints were great at small scale. no problems what so ever, but lately, I've been trying to extrude a file my coworker brought in.
    It takes up the entire build surface + some (but I scaled it down to fit)
    I've been tinkering with my settings a lot to find what works best for us and have continued to tinker with this build but I just can't seem to get it right.
    I'm pretty confident it has to do with my slicer, or Gcode. maybe both, I'm under the impression that the two are closely related, as the slicer generates the Gcode. while watching it print it will start a base layer on one corner, builds it up two or three layers, then moves to the next section and prints at the now lower Z axis point.

I've tried different software to get my Gcode, but it calibrates the space differently and causes the Z axis to lower until it can't anymore then creates an awful sound.

Does anyone here have any advice?

Do I just have to edit the Gcode myself to fix the issue?
    Is there somehow a better software out now?
    Should I change the slicer I'm using?
    Is it as easy as using a new program and copy pasting the Gcode setup and foot code in to the new program?

I'm not sure what info you folks may need to help so I will make an effort to respond quickly to any questions.

I've tried using Makerbot software, and ReplicatorG it came with. RepG is set to use Skeinforge (50) and I have never once tried changing it.
    Machine type is set to The Replicator (Dual)

I've also tried to play with Cura, 123d Design, Makerbot Desktop, Craftware and Meshlabs.

Tried Duplicating the Replicator profile, named it QIDI, and I have made minor changes.
    before testing the new profile I am exporting new Gcode using the experimental slic3r.
    Last edited by americanlzrorca; 09-24-2015 at 11:42 PM. Reason: update: