Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Filament question: I am going to design and print a bushing for use on my John Deere deck. It is nothing more than a cylinder to go over a post and then an arm goes on that. Just a space filler with minimal movement but can have side loads so crush is a factor (not huge!) and could be exposed to elevated heat levels above ambient air temp. What would you guys recommend I use for a material type? I have PLA & ABS at the moment.

What do you guys think of taulman 618? I came across this: http://www.taulman3d.com/618-features.html
    If your John Deere bushing goes in an area that gasoline could spill on, into, etc. then I would consider nylon which is much more chemical resistant than ABS. I keep a roll of Taulman 910 in the shop for things that need maximum toughness, chemical resistance etc. Ya it's 3x as expensive as typical ABS but for certain applications it's awesome IMHO.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PatPend View Post
    If your John Deere bushing goes in an area that gasoline could spill on, into, etc. then I would consider nylon which is much more chemical resistant than ABS. I keep a roll of Taulman 910 in the shop for things that need maximum toughness, chemical resistance etc. Ya it's 3x as expensive as typical ABS but for certain applications it's awesome IMHO.
    Good call!

Didn't even think about fuel....

Pat is correct, even the lower grades of nylon are typically more resistant to abrasive chems than ABS is gonna be.