Close

Hybrid View

Old post, but I just added a glass plate, want to print a Z-axis spacer or whatever you want to call it, but how do you adjust the printer so that it allows for the extra space-does this piece do that on it's own or do I have to adjust Makerware (doesn't seem to allow for this) or whatever program you are using.

sorry, can't really throw the terminology around

Super Moderator
    It will do it on it's own. Try to picture this, glass is .25" thick so that makes it that much closer to the nozzle, so you add a spacer for the Z axis limit switch that is .25" thick also and that makes the bed stop .25" further away from the nozzle.

One important thing is that when you put the spacer in is to adjust the bed way down with the leveling screws to make sure the glass clears then once you are sure then run your leveling as normal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmccabe View Post
    Old post, but I just added a glass plate, want to print a Z-axis spacer or whatever you want to call it, but how do you adjust the printer so that it allows for the extra space-does this piece do that on it's own or do I have to adjust Makerware (doesn't seem to allow for this) or whatever program you are using.

sorry, can't really throw the terminology around

Thanks so much. I have the plate cranked down really far, hopefully the spacer will make this work!

Super Moderator
    As long as the spacer is near the same thickness as the glass you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mmccabe View Post
    Thanks so much. I have the plate cranked down really far, hopefully the spacer will make this work!