Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
Managed to get a couple hours of sleep and then back to printing! This is addictive.

Couple questions. What are you guys finding to be good settings for ABS? I am using 110 on the bed with glass and 230 on the extruder. So far so good. I also have the magnetic Acurite thermometer someone here recommended for inside the box. Running ABS with all covers on I get 109 degrees F & 29% humidity. Does this seem ok?

What program would you use to modify a STL file? Say I have a basic cell phone cover and want to make a few minor changes such as add a design cutout to the back. I have Fusion 360 but haven't really got started with it yet!

@ DA, I ordered a couple rolls of Chrystal also from MG. Hope to have it by the weekend to try out.

Thanks as always for enduring all of my questions. The good side is this is a lot like learning the setup of a new vinyl cutter or printer.

Sleep? Lucky you

That's basically the same setup as me. I've been using those settings for ABS all along, with only minor changes depending on the brand of filament I'm using.

I also use Fusion, it's a seriously good app once you get used to it, you can do pretty much anything.

It's also handy to have a copy of meshlab installed for converting formats and especially for reducing triangle counts in extremely complex models.

I also use Blender, which is also free, for when Fusion doesn't quite hit the mark.