Close

Hybrid View

Thank you for the info.
    One thing I like about the QIDI is the ability to do so much with them while still being affordable.
    I've got PrintBite on the plate so that is working great. Dialed in for ABS, PLA, PLA-PHA and PetG. Now the adjustments and upgrades for printing flexible materials is next. I've got to print out a set of caps for one of my scopes. Mine disappeared. I found a great template and adjusted it to fit. I figure semiflex or fully flexible filaments would be good. Funny e-Sun PetG might work but sometimes I'm out in subzero temps, so something with a bit more flexibility to start with may be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    The stock hot ends PTFE lined are better than the Microswiss conversions. The best nozzle to use for the flex filaments is the P3-d coated brass MK10, it works better than the coated Microswiss for some reason, both being PTFE style.... I suppose it could be the internal shape. Of course you want to print out the feeder mechanisms on my Thingiverse, they help a lot, and use the old style drive gear, the one with teeth going all the way across the length of the gear.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I'd just use Ninja and skip the Semi. Ninja is pretty rigid as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Thank you for the info.
    One thing I like about the QIDI is the ability to do so much with them while still being affordable.
    I've got PrintBite on the plate so that is working great. Dialed in for ABS, PLA, PLA-PHA and PetG. Now the adjustments and upgrades for printing flexible materials is next. I've got to print out a set of caps for one of my scopes. Mine disappeared. I found a great template and adjusted it to fit. I figure semiflex or fully flexible filaments would be good. Funny e-Sun PetG might work but sometimes I'm out in subzero temps, so something with a bit more flexibility to start with may be the way to go.