Close

Hybrid View

Hi All,

I'm new here, and just wanted to say hi. After years of putting off getting a 3D printer I finally decided to start off with the Qidi.
    I've read a lot about them in the meantime so have some "book learning" at least but no hands-on experience. After ordering from Amazon on Friday night, I read everything on here, got simplify3d and the init settings from this thread.
    My printer arrived today and it seems I was fortunate enough to get the new 10mm Z rods and everything else seems perfect. Not even any cosmetic issues.

I plan to make actual functional parts for my FPV airplanes mostly and was concerned about size accuracy. So as a first print I did a simple 50 mm X 100 mm X 4 mm hollow rectangle in the supplied white ABS. I used 3 top,bottom, and edge layers and 20% infill.
    It exceeded all of my expectations. The dimensions were accurate to within about 0.25mm according to my digital calipers and the finish was better than I expected. I think in the future, I'll use 4 top/bottom layers though.

I just wanted to say hi and thanks for the good advice in this thread. I have some borosilicate glass and those silicon heatsink pads on order and plan to try a glass bed as soon as they come in.
    I also picked up a Raspberry PI 3 to use with Astroprint. I'll set that up soon.

Best Wishes,
    Scott

(And no, I'm not a shill )

Quote Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
    Hi All,
    (And no, I'm not a shill )
    LOL, if you were you would never ever admit it.

Good going on the boro and rip that "pc glue" off and replace it with the boro.