Close

Hybrid View

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    My design for corner clips for the side clear windows that allow quick removal. No hardware needed.
    That looks great W! I actually started with a similar pin approach when I designed my version. I broke one of the pins off accidentally and shifted to re-using the original mounting screws instead. Just curious, but how much variation in thickness do you have in the acrylic on your QiDi?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That looks great W! I actually started with a similar pin approach when I designed my version. I broke one of the pins off accidentally and shifted to re-using the original mounting screws instead. Just curious, but how much variation in thickness do you have in the acrylic on your QiDi?

It's all the same. What I did is make a shoulder on the base of the pin that fits snugly in the bolt hole on the acrylic to hold the clip in place along with a tight fit on the two edges then the pin is a mm smaller so it fits easily in the bolt hole on the printer.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    It's all the same. What I did is make a shoulder on the base of the pin that fits snugly in the bolt hole on the acrylic to hold the clip in place along with a tight fit on the two edges then the pin is a mm smaller so it fits easily in the bolt hole on the printer.
    I guess I just lucked out. The side window acrylic on my QiDi varies by almost 1mm in thickness and the hole locations are inconsistent from corner to corner. Maybe the oddball thickness didn't fit well in their drilling jig when they mfg them.