Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
I used orange Hatchbox PLA. Standard S3D high settings, 205/60 on the temperatures. I'm thinking the high probably isn't totally necessary on a piece like this.

The pictures here are without any sort of cleanup, but apart from taking care of some strings at the bottom and in one of the eyes I don't see doing much.

I realize I forgot to include anything for scale, but he's six inches tall and has a diameter of about five inches.

Annoyingly enough, I can't direct upload a picture? Weird. So, here it is:

I put an LED candle inside the guy and shut the lights off and it actually looks really cool. I'll probably do some more with a weaker infill to speed it up, and to make light shine through a bit better.
2016_10_01_12_36_54.jpg

The real annoyance is that I've got a full kilogram of white ABS (and another of gold) and I can't seem to do anything with it successfully.

I have tried a couple of these "monsters" and yes they are monsters right now! and part way into printing his feet one or two will come loose. I am going to try a multiple process print and slow the speed way down on the feet until they are all attached when it gets higher. I guess the other option is a raft.