HiYa DA, it's been a while. How have you been doing? No idea on the QiDi Tech 1 bed wattage. I replaced my bed heater a year or so ago with the same when I somehow managed to short the heating circuit to the bed metalwork. I also put an insulating pad on the underside of the bed that improved the warm up times. The pad was called "cotton", but it isn't really, and it doesn't burn. I used some hi-temp RTV stuff to glue the insulating pad onto the heater PCB, that has worked well. I also put a thin sheet of thermal "gino" pad material between the heater PCB and the metal plate. Not sure if that helped or hurt the thermal coupling, but after having a short it seemed the right thing to do. After your experience, I had long ago replaced the heater power cables with some nice 12GA silicon super flexible ones and an inline JT-60 connector.

Funny note, I unfortunately had a metalwork short in one of the thermocouple lines on a hot end, at the same time as the heated bed short. When I used an open end wrench to change the nozzle I of course shorted the bed metal to the hot end metal. The errant bed heater voltage instantly fried the thermocouple input IC on the motherboard. Wouldn't have been half so bad if I had not also done it to the replacement motherboard I installed a few days later. Luckily, the second time it happened I saw the spark.

Hang in there DA