Close

Hybrid View

Got mine last Friday and successfully printed out a part yesterday on my first attempt!

Side note: ReplicatorG stinks. I switched over to Slic3r today and was able to generate a x3g file for a car part that ReplicatorG was messing up on.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesePatrol View Post
    Got mine last Friday and successfully printed out a part yesterday on my first attempt!

Side note: ReplicatorG stinks. I switched over to Slic3r today and was able to generate a x3g file for a car part that ReplicatorG was messing up on.
    Wonderful, I was wondering if Slic3r could be used but how do you get slic3r to output a .x3g file or does this machine also accept .gcode? I know I can tell Slic3r the flavor of gcode to make but it didn't give me an option to save as .x3g instead of .gcode or do we need to still use GPX to convert it over?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Wonderful, I was wondering if Slic3r could be used but how do you get slic3r to output a .x3g file or does this machine also accept .gcode? I know I can tell Slic3r the flavor of gcode to make but it didn't give me an option to save as .x3g instead of .gcode or do we need to still use GPX to convert it over?
    Unfortunately GPX needs to be used to convert to x3g as the machine does not accept gcode. I found a tutorial that mentions using a Perl post-processing script, but I couldn't get it to work (gotta debug that later). Currently I'm manually kicking off GPX from the console.