Close

Hybrid View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Measuring the hot end temp with a non-contact (IR) thermometer has fooled many people. Most of the thermometers aren't that accurate or just otherwise struggle in measuring such a small hot spot. The outside temp of the aluminum block is also not the same as the inner chamber temp. I know on mine, if I move the IR thermometer around to find the highest reading I can, I still read about 20 degrees (C) lower than the set temperature. EDIT: The thermistor approach used to measure hot end temperature is also not all that accurate - just another variable to be aware of.

Both hot end and bed are described in celsius temperatures, not F. I'd be curious to hear other opinions on the drops of melted filament. Maybe I've just missed similar issues.

You could post the gcode here for a look see, especially with the temperature commands. They'd be few and far between in the gcode and easy to search for in a text editor. As far as the stackup of the layers, some slicers and host software allow you to view the layers. When I want a truly independent view, I take a look at the file in an standalone viewer like http://gcode.ws/ . With gcode.ws, enable layer view and then move the buttons on the bottom and on the right side of the view area to "walk" through an interpretations of what the gcode is telling the printer to do.
    Last edited by printbus; 08-19-2015 at 10:01 AM.