Close

Hybrid View

They eventually replied and said I'd have to pay shipping (about $50 each way) to get it to them and back. I decided not to do this and managed to glue everything back together on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    They eventually replied and said I'd have to pay shipping (about $50 each way) to get it to them and back. I decided not to do this and managed to glue everything back together on my own.
    That's great, but don't you still want to print things ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    Well, that's not what I consider warranty, especially if they offer paid warranty extension. In my case they offered to send me a new belt for free (however it's stated value is only $3 anyway). I accepted, but the (probably maximum savings) package has been on its way for two weeks now.
    How did you manage to glue the belt back together? I'm impressed because I'd say this part is exposed to a lot of mechanical force. I can't see how glue could hold that together.

Btw: I also asked them for a recommendation on how to provide filament to the printer, especially because your construction was lot better than mine. That was their answer:
    It is best just to make sure that the end of the filament is never allowed to cross the other windings on the spool as this cause a jam. We have also noticed that sometimes filament in wound too tightly on the spool that it can cause skipping and sometimes a jam. Just check that the filament can feed freely before printing.