Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
Well at least you can say that the extruder has super grip and/or the filament is really strong !

I wouldn't abandon too soon, you might be able to reinstall the gantry and resolder the extruder.
The extruder isn't soldered to anything though.

That's why when I thought about it, I don't think the damage is that bad. I mean, granted, I can't tell if any of the parts in this photo are bent or cracked, but they won't appear to be in the photo. The two rods that the extruder runs across on the X axis can be removed like that easily, they have a "+" shaped hole in them (and similarly, those plastic bits on the belts across the Y axis have a + shaped bit sticking out for the rods ot fit into) they are in no way glued, soldered, or screwed down. I have had to take those rods off my gantry several times when I needed to remove the extruder to perform work on it. (I have had to remove and completely dissemble/reassemble that thing several times recently, have gotten a bit familiar with how that part of the printer's assembly works by now).

So considering that those two rods can just simply be put back into place, the only part where actual damage is apparent in that photo is the belt for the right-size y-axis part of the gantry, everything else can just be slipped back into place.

Again, this is assuming there aren't other damaged parts that aren't apparent in those photos.