Close

Check out This 3D Printed Drill Press

When shop teacher Travis Burroughs moved from Australia to Canada to teach at a secondary school, he quickly found himself confronted with a dilemma. He had projects that he needed the students to complete in order to master certain sets of skills but his budget was limited and the tools and workstations he wanted to use were too costly. So, he decided to see if he could make a way of his own by 3D printing parts that would allow him to have his students build PCBs with modified rotary tools. After designing the parts he needed in Autodesk Inventor, he has shared the files for his design on Thingiverse in an effort to help others who are constrained by budget to participate in the production of their own projects or for use in the education of the next generation of makers. Read about Burroughs' design at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/88032/3d-printed-pcb-drill-press/

Engineer
    Looking forward printing this. Drill press for dremel/rotary tools, is quite expansive (60-80$) on home depot. Since I haven't received my check yet, I might need to print this as my workaround.

Very cool idea. That said, I can get a 'proper' bench top drill press (5-speed, 1-13mm drill chuck) for R1000. That would probably be a better investment.