Am I the only one here who thinks that although there is a ton of talk about 3D Printing being the future, and such a growth industry, that many people, investors, and techies are still underestimating how fast things will take off over the next 3-4 years?

Gartner put a report out comparing 2012 to 2017, saying, "The 3D printer market will grow from $288 million in 2012 to more than $5.7 billion by 2017"

Sure that is staggering growth, but I still think it's underestimated. Every day it seems like we hear news from one or 2 major companies who say they are adopting 3D Printing in some way or another. It also seems like every few weeks another big 3D Printing company pops up out of the woodwork. $5.7 billion is a lot of money, but when you are talking about the economy of the entire world relying on a technology like they will be with 3D printers in the coming few years, that's nothing. There are so many different facets to the 3D printing market. I would not be surprised if it were a $15-$20 billion industry by 2017. I think 2014 alone will see revenues of well over $1 billion in the industry. One major discovering like the ability to 3D print a Human liver could easily be worth $5 billion+ annually alone.

Am I just too optimistic?