Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    has anyone noticed significant Print Quality improvement with the aluminum Y plate? im having serious problem with "Z banding" i have replaced rods align and tight things but i have notice that my Bed expands and contracts quite a lot during ABS prints . it moves almost .2 mm up and down every time the HB turns on and off .

wonder if the aluminum plate is the solution or is actually the Heated bed that is only expanding..

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    has anyone noticed significant Print Quality improvement with the aluminum Y plate? im having serious problem with "Z banding" i have replaced rods align and tight things but i have notice that my Bed expands and contracts quite a lot during ABS prints . it moves almost .2 mm up and down every time the HB turns on and off .

wonder if the aluminum plate is the solution or is actually the Heated bed that is only expanding..
    I print in PLA and was having terrible Z banding issues, once I turned my heated bed off I finally was printing decently. So I purchased the aluminum Y bed and will try that soon.