Close

eSUN's ePC Fire-resitant 3D Printer Filament

Shenzhen Esun Industrial Co., Ltd. say their ePC filament is a fireproof and environmentally friendly material for 3D printing. Established in 2002, the company now specializes in researching, developing and producing polymer materials such as PLA and Polymorph through their three R&D centers. Since 2007, eSUN has been researching and developing 3D printing materials. That work has led them to develop a number of special purpose 3D printing supplies. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/85639/esun-fire-resistant-filament/

Engineer
    i was fortunate enough to do some prototype testing on this filament a couple months ago. very nice stuff. its esuns own polycarbonate formula. they managed to get the warp down from the unprintable range that pc usually is to be about the same as abs. this stuff prints very clean and nice. extremely strong but not quite as strong and high temp as full blown polycarb but it far exceeds abs. im running a spool right now.

Wow, I just recently received a rather generous sample of ePC which I haven't had a chance to try yet. I had no idea it was fire retardant. With the high temp resistance, maybe this is what I should print my spring-loaded extruder upgrade parts in.

Engineer
    well i have done some printing with this stuff. its fantastic. i have 3 spools of it here now. ive ben printing quite a bit with it. its super strong, the warp really isnt that bad at all. like i said before about like abs. i found it prints as low as 235-240 or so but to really get it to layer bond well run it at 255-260 or better. temp resistance is fantastic. its prints really clean, no stringing and easy to control blobs and ooze. if you need strength or a higher temp material then this is perfect. so far i cant say enough good things about it. i have done some testing and shrink rate is .85%. for dimensional accuracy scale up your parts that amount. for comparison petg is .4% and abs is .8-1.2% depending on brand. honestly if this stuff came in a bunch of opaque colors like abs i would never use abs again.