I had similar problems with information on my order. I emailed them about two weeks after my order was placed to see if they had an ETA on shipping. They told me that I would receive an email in the next few days with the tracking number. Nothing. A week went by and I emailed them again. They said that they are backed up and it would ship in the next few days. Two more weeks go by and I finally do a live chat on their website. This guy tells me that my order was put on hold as it looked suspicious. I asked him why they didn't any of the others that I asked about my order tell me this and why didn't they actually contact me about it since they had already charged my card more then a month back? I never got an answer. All I got back was a tracking number that showed that the item wasn't actually delivered to UPS for another 4 days.

I know that I didn't spend much on the printer but that gave me pause. The printer keeps having fits on me. Shifted layers on my prints, clogged nozzels, jams of the filament feeder, etc. And all of this is using their filament too. I'm new to all of this so I'll keep fighting with it.