Close

Bumps on top of thin walls

Has anyone ever seen this? The bumps starts to develop as the print gets higher off the bed.

20150725_100644.jpg

I'm using slic3r. Watching it print, it uses three different speeds, but I can't seem to figure out which one to change. I figured slowing the fastest one down would fix it.

Thanks

Caught it just before it finished

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    infill speed is probably the fastest.
    Try changing that.

I find that the sudden speed change between printing and head movement without printing pulls the filament up like that. so i tedn to move the ehad at the same speed I print at and you get a lot less of the sudden pull on the filament.

And how are you printing from slic3r to a flashforge pro ?

Also if that video's real time - you're printing too fast anyway.

Just because it says it'll rpint at 150mm/s on the box - doesn't mean it's not telling lies :-)
    The fastest I print at is 70mms. Average 50-60.

Thanks for the reply.

The video is is real time. My infill speed was 80. I reduced it to 70 and it helped a bit. My non priniting move speed is 130.
    Current settings:
    Capture.jpg

I'm using win-gpx32 converter. (I'm open to other alternatives, though I finally got the settings on slicer printing pretty well)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you're just printing way too fast.

knock it all down to 60 and see if that helps :-)

And it can't hurt to try makerware: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?12562-makerware-bundle-of-awesome-2-4-27-for-x86-computers