Close

Student
    Follow dasaint80 On Twitter Add dasaint80 on Facebook

Makerbot Replicator 5th gen broken

My son accidently broke the ribbon cable that goes from extruder to the main board.... Makerbot support doesn't sell that ribbon cable... Anyone know where I can get this cable?

For my makerbot Replicator 5th gen

Thanks,

Steve

I would be happy to send you that cable, but installing it is a nightmare. Trust me, I've done it before. Are you within your 6 month warranty window? I'd be happy to set up a repair for you.

Student
    Follow dasaint80 On Twitter Add dasaint80 on Facebook
    I'm not sure I bought the printer from eBay... Dunno how long the user had prior...

Of you can sell me that cable I'd be in love with you... No homo... Lol

Unfortunately the cable is not for sale. You can set up a repair by opening a case at makerbot.com/support.

Senior Engineer
    Does America not have any laws about compulsory parts supply?

In the UK sellers of anything have to provide parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Does America not have any laws about compulsory parts supply?

In the UK sellers of anything have to provide parts.
    I don't believe we have any laws like that in the states. If I were you I would reach out to Computers Unlimited. They are our official distributor in the United Kingdom. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.unlimited.com/makerbot/

Senior Engineer
    I don't have a Makerbot. I was just asking about the legal situation over there in the backwoods. Seems absurd that you can spend a lump of money on something and the seller has no legal obligation to supply you with parts.

Either road up it doesn't affect me as I would just make one or buy something off Alibaba/Aliexpress to do the job, after all that is probably where you buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I don't have a Makerbot. I was just asking about the legal situation over there in the backwoods. Seems absurd that you can spend a lump of money on something and the seller has no legal obligation to supply you with parts.

Either road up it doesn't affect me as I would just make one or buy something off Alibaba/Aliexpress to do the job, after all that is probably where you buy it anyway.
    Even if you are able to purchase this part off of one of those websites, I really do not recommend for you to swap it out yourself. Quite difficult indeed.