I just received my Einscan-S, but have not been able to get it setup yet.
I immediately stumbled though getting it set up. The website is very unresponsive, so downloading the install software (not included on a CD/DVD or anything) took about a dozen tries, it kept hanging up. But after finally being able to retrieve the software (~67 MB) and installing it it does not want to connect to my Einscan-S hardware. Anybody else have this problem? I have sent an email to support@shining3d.com, but have not heard back yet. When connecting the USB cables windows reports a connection and I can use VLC media player to see what the two cameras in the scanner see and the two cameras show up in the device manager and the projector displays an image (extended destop) so everything 'seems' to be connected properly. The software connects to the turntable fine, but complains that the 3D scanner is unconnected... Clicking on the "Connect" button just changes the software to report "Connecting..." but in fact never finds the scanner and stays there for eternity. There is no configuration or other settings available to point it in the right direction, or trouble shooting available. Did anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks for any feedback from the community (or Shining3D). Looking at the current status on Kickstarter they only sold about 200 units of the Einscan-S model... The company has many more and higher grade scanners available, so hoping they will really try to break into the consumer market and bring some of the features that are promised to the Einscan-S software; the specs is what sold me on the scanner.