Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    I could not connect the coils in my beta as I could not tell IF I had managed to strip the micro fine wire enough to actually make contact even after wiping the wire with a hot soldering iron, so for me #2 is VITAL to fix(and I was even using a magnifing headset that magnifies 25 times)

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
    I could not connect the coils in my beta as I could not tell IF I had managed to strip the micro fine wire enough to actually make contact even after wiping the wire with a hot soldering iron, so for me #2 is VITAL to fix(and I was even using a magnifing headset that magnifies 25 times)
    Thanks harpo99999 thats the kind of feed back we need,
    do you remember if we sent you 400 or 600 grit sand paper for sanding the wire?
    our newest coils have a pre tined tip to make soldering easier also.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    Thanks harpo99999 thats the kind of feed back we need,
    do you remember if we sent you 400 or 600 grit sand paper for sanding the wire?
    our newest coils have a pre tined tip to make soldering easier also.
    from vague memory I think it was 400 grit, bit it might have been even finer (and the piece was not large enough to have the markings on the back), and I was a beta 2 level if that helps to track it down, and I had tried the soldering iron after using the sand paper, but the only conductivity reading I could get was at approximatly my body resistance so assumed no contact