Close

Hybrid View

It looks like you made the cylinder "block" in 2 pieces, how hard were they to align? Would you be willing to share your stl files?
    thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matterest View Post
    It looks like you made the cylinder "block" in 2 pieces, how hard were they to align? Would you be willing to share your stl files?
    thanks,
    Matt
    Hi Matt,

The cylinder block was printed in one piece (not counting the caps). I attached a zip of the files. Sorry it is so disorganized. I designed it in FreeCAD, so you can open the design file in that to see the assembly. The aluminum rod used for the crank shaft and vertical supports is 1/4", available at any hardware store. I believe the screws for the caps were 4-40 and the rest were 6-32. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Geoffrey Schulz
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by GSchulz View Post
    Hi Matt,

The cylinder block was printed in one piece (not counting the caps). I attached a zip of the files. Sorry it is so disorganized. I designed it in FreeCAD, so you can open the design file in that to see the assembly. The aluminum rod used for the crank shaft and vertical supports is 1/4", available at any hardware store. I believe the screws for the caps were 4-40 and the rest were 6-32. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Geoffrey Schulz
    thanks for uploading the files! now i just hope my printer is big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by matterest View Post
    thanks for uploading the files! now i just hope my printer is big enough.
    I think the tallest part is about 3 1/4 inches, and the largest by area is the base, which is about 3" X 4 1/4". All the parts were designed to print without support material. The cylinder, valves and piston rod are designed to print vertically, all the rest will print horizontally. I have a 8" X 12" bed (Airwolf XL), so I can print the entire engine in one pass, but regardless of size, you should be able to print this. My son has a simple XYZ Jr and it will print on his machine.