Quote Originally Posted by ariakas View Post
Hello everyone!

I received my scanner two days ago, and I'm already testing ... the result is very good! I have experience with another scanner, the matterandform scanner , and I would like to ask some questions and give some advice to improve the software.

- Must be calibrated in "free" mode? How? Or it goes? How do you calibrate?

- I tried the manual alignment ... and it is very difficult to match different parts ... Could make a more specific video, or implement an automatic alignment algorithm?

-And have asked before ... how the scanner connects to the tripod?

- Is there a problem when trying to scan to 1024x768 or just does not work?

- How do affect the scanning light conditions?

And now, some advices:

- It would be great to implement a cancel button, to stop the calibration process or scanning, and not have to wait until finished, or cancel the process in the Windows system administrator

- Include the ability to save the cloudpoint before the mesh, and even include finishing options meshing

- It would be nice to orbit the display during scanning, to review the process

Thank You!

- Must be calibrated in "free" mode? How? Or it goes? How do you calibrate?

Calibration is unnecessary in free scan, just make sure you have calibrated in table scan (automatic scan).

- I tried the manual alignment ... and it is very difficult to match different parts ... Could make a more specific video, or implement an automatic alignment algorithm?

There is auto-align function in free scan, but should meet two requirements: scanning object have obvious feature and two scanning date have minimum 1/3 lapped area.

-And have asked before ... how the scanner connects to the tripod?

Take off the tripod’s white screw, using the black screw that equipped in the scanner to install. (We will make a short tutorial video )

- Is there a problem when trying to scan to 1024x768 or just does not work?

The scanner only support 800*600 so far

- How do affect the scanning light conditions?
According to Einscan-S is a white light scanner, which affected by ambient light, the luminance and temperature of scanning environment should constant, and make sure the ambient light is soft light.

And now, some advices:

- It would be great to implement a cancel button, to stop the calibration process or scanning, and not have to wait until finished, or cancel the process in the Windows system administrator
Cancel and stop button will be added in software next version.

- Include the ability to save the cloudpoint before the mesh, and even include finishing options meshing

EinScan-S is designed for FDM 3d printing application, all models are exported in sealed stl, cloudpoint output is not supported recently.

- It would be nice to orbit the display during scanning, to review the process

It is not supported to orbit the display during scanning because it takes high occupancy of memory card in PC during the scanning.