These are the typical times I found while scanning with v1.4. I didn't measure prior versions.

Scanning: 21.1 seconds typical - Same time regardless of how many scans have taken place.
Auto alignment: 1 second per 100 MB video ram used +/- 1 second, so at 1254 MB Graphics memory, it took 12.09 seconds to auto align.

If possible, better to take something apart and scan the smaller parts than get them all in one big scan due to the memory/time relationship. Having said that, I would say actual scanning takes 1/3 the time, alignment 1/3 and camera positioning the final third. Having a camera position strategy with proper alignment references in place makes a massive difference, if you don't, that will take up far more time than the actual scanning does.

I recorded this data so I could decide what was best for me to invest my capital in. I was thinking of getting a very fast 8 or more core processor but found that processing time is only a small part of the equation and the gains would be so small as compared to even just placing black cloth and or tape on areas that you don't want captured so you don't have to remove the data after each scan.

Once properly setup I never have to remove data after a scan, and the auto alignment works 100% of the time. That scan model I posted had zero manual alignments, that was 180 scans.

Thanks for your positive feedback,

Dave @ Nerv