Hi ,
One of the reason I was attracted to the Einscan-S was it's larger scan envelope, and it's 0.1mm resolution. Over the last few days, I had it working on the MacBook, made a ton of noob mistakes, but I've spent the most time trying to convert my .stl files into a format for solid model reworking in a CAD package.

Today, I had a success of sorts, and although the 3D scan has been distorted by the mesh conversion process, the process looks like it's doable now. Red coloured scan was a one pass quick and dirty attempt, the other light grey one is the 3 pass version to capture detail masked on the first pass, and is a very realistic representation of the part. The remesh is a little too coarse, but the NURB conversion follows the remesh well. The last picture is the CAD model, and the yellow cylinder breaking through the solid modelled part is the actual size of the machined surface superimposed on the NURB conversion, and it's reasonably close.

torsion_bar_cover_render.jpgtorsion_bar_cover_3_scans.jpgRetopo-30secs6MB.jpgRetopo-Quad-to-CAD.jpgscan2mesh-NURB2CAD-side.jpg

Might be of interest to some.
Mike