Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
We'll start with the obvious: have you checked that the extruder is maintaining temperature ?

I had period where the extruder would get to temp and then stop heating so you'd get afew layers down and then it'd cool down too much to push the filament through.

Also does it do it with both extruders ?

It almost sounds like a dry joint somewhere.
How would i check if it maintains it? The company's thermocam couldn't detect the correct temps because of the insulation on the heat block...
On the printers end, beyond straying 2 degrees in both directions occasionally, it stays at the set temp.
It might be that, but as i said, according to Sailfish, it only strays at most 2 degrees in either direction, occasionally. Most of the time, it stays at what i have it set too. I don't have a third party device to measure it, so thats pretty much out of the question. The thermocouple is new, so it should be pretty accurate on the software end, right?
I have the Makerbot Rep2, not Rep2X, so only one extruder (Seriously thinking of getting an upgrade, change power supply, buy some nice all metal J Head hotends, make a custom mount for the Makerbot...)

Dry joint?