Quote Originally Posted by quertz View Post
'limited angular resolution'
(I'm not gonna search for that number now but the resolution is better than you'll ever need it)
The figure I've seen is 262144 counts (ie 18-bit) over 40 degrees.

If the Peachy can actually achieve that, then to maintain 0.1mm precision you could have the print surface about 37m away. You won't be printing a battleship with it, but it's certainly big enough for any reasonable project. However, I'm betting that the Peachy can't actually achieve that sort of resolution consistently. There'll be some friction in there (so changing the output by one count won't cause an 0.00015 degree change in output - you'll get no movement for a few counts and then quite a lot of movement). It's likely to be non-linear, with higher resolution in some parts than in other parts. In the basic Peachy (no feedback) the printer won't necessarily be able to compensate for any of this.

It'll be absolutely fine for small-ish jobs (where "small-ish" means "much bigger than pretty much any FDM printer can manage") but I'm expecting to need the Peachy Pro (with feedback on the mirror position, if I remember correctly) to handle bathtub-sized prints.