Quote Originally Posted by MBSupport View Post
Have you tried updating your graphics drivers? Outdated graphics drivers can sometimes cause errorless app crashes and/or slicer errors for the Windows version of MakerBot Desktop. A complete re-intstall may also be a solution. Please follow my instructions below:

1) Go to Add/Remove Programs and fully uninstall MakerBot Desktop.

2) Go to Start. In the search box, type %APPDATA% and hit Enter. In the window that opens up, you'll see a folder called MakerBot. Delete that folder and all of its contents.

3) Follow the instructions in the link below to perform a disk cleanup as well:
http://www.makerbot.com/support/new/...(Windows_Only)

4) Reinstall MakerBot Desktop by dragging the .exe install file to your desktop, right clicking the icon, and then selecting "Run as Admin".

If the issue persists I'd like to open a case for you. Please DM me your printer's serial number and I'll get that process started.
Thanks for the detailed instructions, unfortunately the problem is still the same. I have determined that it crashes anytime it tries to talk to the computer itself -- either opening a file or exporting and saving a file. I have found work-arounds for both -- to open the file I can just drag the file onto the open makerware window and to export the file I have to send it directly the printer via the USB. This works but is a little bit of a hassle bc the printer is not next to my computer .... but it works! so I am happy